Thread: Compact 9mm pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Compact 9mm pistols

Anybody here carry one. If so do you experience any striker drag on the primer?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I've carried assorted 9's for years, as has my wife. My current 9mm is a Sig. Most of my past 9's were S&W. Wifey carried a Glock for a while on the job. No problems to report.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Everyone should carry what they're comfortable, and confident with...I've always remembered Col. Jeff Cooper who said, "One hit with a .45 is worth a thousand misses with a nine"...He was quite a character...I got to meet him and one of his daughters at a SHOT Show one year when theyt were promoting his autobiography which they co-wrote...

Tom, by "striker drag on the primer," are you referring to a misfire?...I'm not familiar with the term......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No Ben is not a misfire it's where the firing pin stays out for a microsecond during the ejection process and makes contact with the primer after the bullet has been fired and it makes a drag mark to the edge of the primer. Many believe overtime that the firing pin will weaken and may eventually break
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I haven't heard of that one, but I haven't kept up with the industry since I left the business......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

This is the first I've heard of it. There seems to be a lot on the 'net.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke