Thread: my legs are tired

my legs are tired

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I'm not surprised...I drive where I want to go, and I'm refreshed when I get back......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I do a brisk power walk every day. It's been my main exercise routine since the bike accident. And, it's not always easy during the Winter. It snowed last night, for example.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

now my legs are fried. just got back from a 7 mile run at a 9 min/mile pace
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    now my legs are fried. just got back from a 7 mile run at a 9 min/mile pace
    I'm fried from getting the mail most of the time.
    This is your mind on drugs!

I am a sick man. after doing that 7 mile run yesterday. I took the dogs out for a long walk and did a bunch of yard work. by the end of the day the fitbit said 14+ miles. Last night my thighs and lower back painfully cramped up 3-4 times. So what did I go do today you ask? Ruth and I took the dogs on a 5 mile walk. Now doing more crap around the property and I am up to 9 miles for the day and it's only 2:23 pm. we did take a break for Carnitas tacos and beer for lunch though.

Keep it up, TG. Your efforts are an investment in your health. And, it sounds like you enjoy the process. Well done.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I am a sick man. after doing that 7 mile run yesterday. I took the dogs out for a long walk and did a bunch of yard work. by the end of the day the fitbit said 14+ miles. Last night my thighs and lower back painfully cramped up 3-4 times. So what did I go do today you ask? Ruth and I took the dogs on a 5 mile walk. Now doing more crap around the property and I am up to 9 miles for the day and it's only 2:23 pm. we did take a break for Carnitas tacos and beer for lunch though.
    I try some kind of excersize every day, get sore then do more excersize on the third day and get sore again, in other words I stay sore on top of everything else. I can't retain any of the benefits that I do. Push ups, pull ups excersize wheels and walking.. I don't know why I bother sometimes it just leads me to the pill bottle. I basically can't stand the shape my body got into after laying in the hospital for close to three months, but I can't seem to do anything about it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Walked another 12 miles yesterday. Five of those were with the wife and our dogs.