Thread: Tomcat on the Big Stick...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tomcat on the Big Stick...

I seldom look forward to any Hollywood movies, but I want to see the sequel to Top Gun...Latest rumors have an F-14 being removed from a museum, made operational and now perched on the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) for filming...I can't imagine the production costs on this one...This should be a great movie......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

In other Navy news, USS Hornet (CV-8) has been located miles deep in Ironbottom Sound by the crew of RV Petrel...It is upright, and in a remarkable state of preservation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'll pass. Never saw the original. Not a Tom Cruise fan..

Love the planes though... When you say the F-14 was made operational, do you mean it was flown on board?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    When you say the F-14 was made operational, do you mean it was flown on board?
    The article doesn't say...I've seen talk about the actors doing still shots for promotion with an F-14, but it could have brought on board by crane, which is more likely...I don't know if it'll be flown from it or not...I'm just wondering what it cost the movie company to get filming rights with it and the Big Stick together......Ben

"Big Stick" ? Are you referring to the ship?

Not just any ship......Ben