Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is blackface wrong.........

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Is blackface wrong and when did it become a sin?

So if one did a blackface skit years ago does that count against you?
    If drinking beers and farting in college is held against a supreme court nominee, then pretending to be a racist male pig in blackface should be held against you.

You sound like a racist yourself good SIr, when and where did holding slaves become a sin and why did the democrats enact Jim Crow laws to keep blacks from owning firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    If drinking beers and farting in college is held against a supreme court nominee, then pretending to be a racist male pig in blackface should be held against you.

You sound like a racist yourself good SIr, when and where did holding slaves become a sin and why did the democrats enact Jim Crow laws to keep blacks from owning firearms.
    I don't have the time today to dig into a response. Just as others have pointed out things change. The Democratic part of then is not the same Democratic party of now. But I did just finish an Audible book that was very interesting and eye opening. Something that I think should be on reading lists in schools, if they still have reading lists.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9780385722704/
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    I don't have the time today to dig into a response. Just as others have pointed out things change. The Democratic part of then is not the same Democratic party of now. But I did just finish an Audible book that was very interesting and eye opening. Something that I think should be on reading lists in schools, if they still have reading lists.

Not to get to far out of line here but that time was a lot worse for the blacks in my opinion.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Not to get to far out of line here but that time was a lot worse for the blacks in my opinion.
    Not out of line in my opinion. If that had been your and your families history, I'm sure I would be very sensitive to people doing these types of actions.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Look who started the Democrat party of today is not what it was 100 years ago line of thought, follow it back and see who and why it was started, you will learn that it's all the same, same thoughts and actions, but the Democrats and right white people do not want you to think for yourself and follow,

I The Democratic part of then is not the same Democratic party of now.

And some individuals are not either
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.