Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instead of watching the SOFTU speech

Instead of watching the SOFTU speech

Instead of watching the SOFTU speech, I'm going to watch a more grown-up show like wrestling. At least you know who to boo at.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

LOL I am going to watch just to see the contorted faces of Schumer, Pelosi and others on the left. It's hillarious.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I won't watch it either. I think Trump is a loser and listening to him is tortuous.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I won't watch it either. I think Trump is a loser and listening to him is tortuous.

Hunter
    Aw come on you guys you should watch this yearly side show of morons who run this country. I love to see the leaders of the free world act like they are in kindergarten.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just once , I wish someone who is against Trump would give me one reason, other than the fact he is a blowhard,

as to why he is such a terrible President.

High Dow, low un employment in all sectors and races. Lower taxes. An attempt to curtail illegal immigration.

Just what is so bad.

I'm loving the State of the Union the more pissed off the dim a cracks look the better job I know Trump is doing

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Just once , I wish someone who is against Trump would give me one reason, other than the fact he is a blowhard,

High Dow, low un employment in all sectors and races. Lower taxes. An attempt to curtail illegal immigration.

Just what is so bad.
    I've asked a couple of times what he's done so bad and or so good. I don't like him either but that's on a personal basis. He campaigned on the border mess as did Obama but he wants to stick to his word, that's a good thing. The biggest problem is his mouth!! Any and everything else I've seen has been inuendo.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post

Just what is so bad.

You might want to start with the national debit---now 2 Trillion higher than when trump came into office. Amoung his campaign promises he was going to take the debit to zero in 8 years---someone needs to suggest this is going the wrong way.

Regarding his keeping the promise regarding the wall----how does a $5.7 billion section of wall fulfill his campaign promise---which I remind you, that was to build a big (50' as I recall at one point) beautiful concrete wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean---and the Mexicans were going to pay for it----if you get that please let me in on it

..and to the original question---I'd rather have my finger nails pulled out than listen to the dribble for an hour.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well, I did not watch Trump's speech - instead, I read the transcript this morning.

I think the speech represented Trump's current position well. Under normal political conditions - I think it would have been effective. However, since the opposition against him has formed a rather solid line - I don't think the speech gave Trump greater political clout. In other words, I don't think the speech moved the political football (the wall) at all.

In general, I appreciate the way our members have discussed this issue. All involved have expressed themselves well and politely.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    You might want to start with the national debit---now 2 Trillion higher than when trump came into office. Amoung his campaign promises he was going to take the debit to zero in 8 years---someone needs to suggest this is going the wrong way.

Regarding his keeping the promise regarding the wall----how does a $5.7 billion section of wall fulfill his campaign promise---which I remind you, that was to build a big (50' as I recall at one point) beautiful concrete wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean---and the Mexicans were going to pay for it----if you get that please let me in on it

..and to the original question---I'd rather have my finger nails pulled out than listen to the dribble for an hour.
    Obama increased the debt 6 trillion. Bush 4 trillion. I don't even think that a good argument in any vein until we get the government as a whole at least headed in the right direction. Trump will never do it, anything he suggests is wrong before one is done reading. Now Trump is getting held word for word on the wall but never the less it was a campaign promise that the people wanted and he's trying to fulfill it 5.7 billion for a wall that does something, that's a bargain. Should we look up all the hundreds of billions in pork that has made our debt 20 trillion?
    Back to the wall, I realize it's something to grab onto, something to prove Trump is a horrible president. I also realize Trump is being stubborn but nobody wants to offer solutions they just want to prove he's wrong. What's the solution? I don't know but it feeds the hate and that's all anybody wants now a days so yippe ki I A!
    Thanks for your synopsis Utah.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    ....... What's the solution? I don't know......
    Some where between what the Trump wants and the people want. Seem most are against a wall so who gives in?
    Fred

stayed alive."

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Some where between what the Trump wants and the people want. Seem most are against a wall so who gives in?
    Have you seen any polling that backs up your statement that "most are against a wall". Not saying it's not there but I would be interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Have you seen any polling that backs up your statement that "most are against a wall". Not saying it's not there but I would be interested to know.
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...ed-their-minds
    Fred

stayed alive."

It has to be more than just "A Wall".... It needs to be a multi faceted approach .. I've smuggled myself out of Mexico at least 4 times. It's easy to do..

Interesting kind of distilling that whole article it seems that it's not really the wall that people don't like its Trump