Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing photos

Amazing photos

Never before seen in one photo--and looking at in person can't take it all in at once either:

Enjoy---and ponder
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Is that another man near the top in the stitched photo?...If so, the proportions are different to the man at the bottom...Assuming six foot height on the humans, somehow the relative dimensions between man and tree seem wrong...Still a hell of a tree......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I wasn't sure either so I blew that up 4x and it is not a man but a near vertical branch. The "line" out of the top on the photos I believe is a lighting rod.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Those trees are a thing to behold
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

if you want to see more of that area. this is one of my trip reports on RV.net to Sequoia National Park in late fall. I have some really good photos in it. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/29144224.cfm
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Wow I would love to have the health stamina and Terrain to experience the things you do it's truly inspiring. I think I'm going to start eating smoked salmon and tofu and exercising a bit more and then maybe get you to show me a walk and some of the beautiful areas that you go to. I'm truly inspired.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Wow I would love to have the health stamina and Terrain to experience the things you do it's truly inspiring. I think I'm going to start eating smoked salmon and tofu and exercising a bit more and then maybe get you to show me a walk and some of the beautiful areas that you go to. I'm truly inspired.

you can do it. losing weight isn't about not eating what you like, its about eating smaller portions and getting out and walking. 3 years ago I weighed 300 pounds Walking a mile would have killed me. I started with 5 minute walks with a goal of 30 minutes which I worked up to however long it takes to get in 10000 steps on the fit bit. These days I don't settle for less than 14000 steps which is just under 7 miles a day. I also used a free program on my phone called "lose it" combined with a food scale and a fit bit. no gym, no diets just portion contol and getting off my ass. It took me over a year to drop 100 pounds

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Wow! It made you taller too!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Wow! It made you taller too!
    It's an optical illusion caused by switching from pink shoelaces to blue......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    if you want to see more of that area. this is one of my trip reports on RV.net to Sequoia National Park in late fall. I have some really good photos in it. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/29144224.cfm
    Where did you get the dog bed in the first photo? I've been looking for something like that for Lexi to ride in when we road trip....

Google "console dog seat". You'll find a bunch of them.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Google "console dog seat". You'll find a bunch of them.
    ^^what he said

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    you can do it. losing weight isn't about not eating what you like, its about eating smaller portions and getting out and walking. 3 years ago I weighed 300 pounds Walking a mile would have killed me. I started with 5 minute walks with a goal of 30 minutes which I worked up to however long it takes to get in 10000 steps on the fit bit. These days I don't settle for less than 14000 steps which is just under 7 miles a day. I also used a free program on my phone called "lose it" combined with a food scale and a fit bit. no gym, no diets just portion contol and getting off my ass. It took me over a year to drop 100 pounds

Thank you for the encouraging and supportive words. I have been working downwards for about six months now and I'm not really happy with my progress since I've only lost about 18 lb. Now let me say I'm not morbidly obese but I certainly could use to drop about 65 or 70 lb. So thank you again and I'm going to continue and I'm going to try to walk more.

Maybe you can get taller too. If it works for you, I'm going to give it a shot.

I don't know about getting taller I just want to drop some weight LOL