Thread: Galaxy G7 report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Galaxy G7 report

Until this week, I wanted to throw the sucker under a bus

I have never had such an ill mannered device. It had bad social skills, ringing some annoying sound at the arrival of emails and messages---and the sound went on the entire time something was downloading. It would shut down a meeting

No matter the changes I made in "settings" there was no stopping this.

The other disgusting habit---the damn thing came with pop-ups There were times that I could not answer a call because of these pop-ups which ran for 10 sec before you could close them---and they were everywhere.

Finally, this week I made progress. The sound problem was not controllable in global settings but when I went to the individual (ie Outlook) I did find settings that allowed me to mute them.

For the pop ups, I found they were not directly related to the phone but to the apps. Virtually all apps now have the a fine print statement that they "Contains Ads"--and they aren't kidding. I got an app called "GoClean" that while it will not kill the ads it does identify which apps you have loaded that are guilty. I deleted most of them and now can use the phone without invasion.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-18-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis