Thread: Galaxy G7 report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Galaxy G7 report

Until this week, I wanted to throw the sucker under a bus

I have never had such an ill mannered device. It had bad social skills, ringing some annoying sound at the arrival of emails and messages---and the sound went on the entire time something was downloading. It would shut down a meeting

No matter the changes I made in "settings" there was no stopping this.

The other disgusting habit---the damn thing came with pop-ups There were times that I could not answer a call because of these pop-ups which ran for 10 sec before you could close them---and they were everywhere.

Finally, this week I made progress. The sound problem was not controllable in global settings but when I went to the individual (ie Outlook) I did find settings that allowed me to mute them.

For the pop ups, I found they were not directly related to the phone but to the apps. Virtually all apps now have the a fine print statement that they "Contains Ads"--and they aren't kidding. I got an app called "GoClean" that while it will not kill the ads it does identify which apps you have loaded that are guilty. I deleted most of them and now can use the phone without invasion.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-18-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I guess I'll stay with my old reliable, uncomplicated phone...It rings when a call comes in, and doesn't try to sell me anything......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

OK, so it's not quite that old...This is the one I actually use...Except mine doesn't have the simulated stitched leather finish, and I don't see the little envelope symbol on mine either......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hear you!

There are times that I have to question weather or not all new technology is an advancement
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Still using my Samsung S4. Nurse Paula wants to upgrade to the S9 so I'll take her S7 when she does. not in any hurry though. Only advantage I can tell is a better camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    There are times that I have to question weather or not all new technology is an advancement
    The last one was in 1894 when Rudolf Diesel was the first person to ever hear that wonderful symphony of sound from his creation......Ben

Very cool----I'm not sure I ever saw that before!