Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The case simply continues to grow

The case simply continues to grow

This from this morning's WSJ:

WASHINGTON—Lawmakers said they would investigate a report that President Trump directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the president’s involvement in a real-estate deal with Russia during the 2016 campaign.

The chairmen of two House investigative panels said Friday they would probe the report’s allegations. Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), who leads the House Intelligence Committee, said the panel would “do what’s necessary to find out if it’s true.”

“The allegation that the President of the United States may have suborned perjury before our committee in an effort to curtail the investigation and cover up his business dealings with Russia is among the most serious to date,” he tweeted.
    That is only the lead to the article.

My budding hope is that trump is gong down---by his own hand.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My budding hope is that trump is gong down---by his own hand.
    Yes - if Trump goes down, it will indeed be from his own actions. There remain many witnesses willing to testify against him. One reaps what one sows.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sorry guys but your hopes in this regard are short lived. When it comes to matters of such extreme importance it might be advisable to contain your exuberance until credible sources have weighed in.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/polit...eed/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No problem---tomorrow is another day
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I will give you this Dave, I certainly understand why folks do not like Trump. I don't understand the extreme hate however. The fake news like this one here is a real problem. All that said if I were a betting man, and I am not, with all the forces working against the President, and not of the least the media, I can find no way he can preserve his Presidency. Too many folks hate him to the core and the media has proven they will do anything within their power to get him. Frankly I can't believe he is still in office. He is a tough cookie.
    Last edited by Honda; 01-18-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The battle that is being fought should be against the media, not Trump. Were we to have an accountable media this whole fiasco would have never had the chance to get started. Hillary and Trump never should have neven been a choice to run the greatest country on earth, neither was/is worthy. If the real truth ever came out I think we'd see that the whole thing was about money, doing what's right for America probably never even came up.
    This is your mind on drugs!

I think it unfair to paint the media with such a broad brush.

Buzzfeed is not in my scope of sources but every one of my sources made qualification statements similar to this:

"We have not independently verified this story"---and at least in some cases they discussed the questionable actions of one of the reporters who "broke" this story.

We still do not know what is and is not correct in this story but I think the broad media acted ethically and responsibly, and for that I applaud them.

There are countless stories that have just gotten it wrong during this administration from what were formerly considered to be the beacons of great journalism. Too many to just pass it off as coincidental. CNN has turned it into a cottage industry. Also why so quick to make a story front page for hours if story has not been independently verified. Face it anti-Trump stories sell lots of ads for the major outlets. Folks just love to hate him. They are making bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    There are countless stories that have just gotten it wrong .................
    I don't think they have "just gotten it wrong". I think it is malicious and I think it is a coordinated attack.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Here is a small case of clear media bias. Take a look at this story it is being blasted on every major left leaning news outlet in the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/19/us/te...rnd/index.html

Now the true facts are coming out. I don't expect anyone to watch this whole deal but if you do you might reach a similar conclusion that I did in that the kids were repeatedly harassed by other groups in attendance and the supposedly harassed Native American told them to go back to Europe this is not their land. So in other words they were all going at each other and no one in fact was an innocent victim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyBHTTqb38

Now contrast that to this video. Bet you did not see this on any network. I will let you make your own judgment as to whether or not this elderly veteran was being harassed.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...00993553268737

Here is another one of the supposed victim diving right into the middle of the supposed harassers.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...94001801158656

Talking about CNN being biased (which it is) without mentioning Fox and their pro trump bias is at best disingenuous.

While I am at it another one that has come up recently showing rank bias. The media hounded Trump for feeding the Clemson team fast food, at his own expense I might add. They persecuted him for it. Now when my beloved Crimson Tide were invited to the Obama White House in 2010 the were not fed a pack of crackers. They had to feed themselves after the event at a cost of $3300.00 and what did they choose to eat...........you got it fast food, Chic fil'a style. Currently we are experiencing the most sickening bias in the history of the American press and if one can not see that their head is in the mud or clouded by hatred, justified or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Talking about CNN being biased (which it is) without mentioning Fox and their pro trump bias is at best disingenuous.

Fox is extremely biased. I did not cite them as a source to my post.

"I ask the press to take heed that their hysterical desire to destroy this President has gone too far. They pursued this without critical analysis all day. #FAKENEWS"
    It has been like this since day one, I wonder how he ever got elected. The hysteria, the out and out lies, The people, supposed smart people that take every negative word printed about Trump as the truth, Impeach, Impeach!!! is insane. Normally sane people have lost their friggin mines and bio's!. There are people that are normally looked to for a hint of sanity that have more than enough showed their bias's and lack of regard for truth, justice and just their down right lack of character. Anybody that Trump knows is an automatic bottom feeder as is anybody that has anything good to say about him or anything he's done and anybody that says anything bad about Trump truth or not sits at the right hand of God, during working hours anyway. Hell of a ride so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Currently we are experiencing the most sickening bias in the history of the American press and if one can not see that their head is in the mud or clouded by hatred, justified or not..
    yep