Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The case simply continues to grow

I suggest you have confused entertainment (newtainment as I call it) with journalism. Fox and CNN are the leading examples (with many more) of the newtainment variety. They are all about entertainment with no real journalistic attributes.

As for the historical prospective---that can easily be shown as inaccurate by any student of American history---a good start would be the Presidency of John Adams.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thanks for your response. If your response was directed at me my response is I am not confused at all. There was nothing inaccurate in my post. My opinion can not be inaccurate any student of American English would know. You my friend just need to understand that you are part of the problem propagating fake news here on this forum.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

All cable news is fake these days.... there is not a single source that is not entertainment only.......

Phillbo has it right.

It's really too bad we can't regulate the fake news for fear of regulating the real news. Freedom of the press can be both a great thing when reporting facts and a bad thing when the truth is only what a reporter wants it to be
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Phillbo has it right.

It's really too bad we can't regulate the fake news for fear of regulating the real news. Freedom of the press can be both a great thing when reporting facts and a bad thing when the truth is only what a reporter wants it to be
    And the really unfortunate thing about all of this is that 95% of the entire media in this country is aligned with one position
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I think another problem is "they" think "This is America, we're to big to fall. In the end we're going to be the winner, don't worry about it just hang on everything will be alright. I don't think that just because we are America that we can't fall. I think we have a lot of crap to settle yet!. And I think we need to get on the road to fixing it, our government being the first thing!
    This is your mind on drugs!