Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now those Royals are some tough folks

Now those Royals are some tough folks

Take a look at this unbelievable story. 97 years old............Wow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/uk/du...ntl/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I finally talked my Mom into giving up her DL when she was 85, and selling her car...It was a good move IMO...But everyone is different; if the prince guy can still meet the requirements of keeping his license, more power to him......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah but Ben how many 97 year olds walk away from a roll over?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Yeah but Ben how many 97 year olds walk away from a roll over?
    Like you said, the old dude's tough......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"Buckingham Palace said the 97-year-old was driving a Range Rover when the crash involving another vehicle occurred."

How did the crash occur?

I've always thought all the rich muckety mucks had chauffeurs to drive them around. I was really surprised when I heard he was driving himself.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was really surprised when I heard he was driving himself.
    Maybe he just wants to be remembered as a man of the people......Ben

Maybe he just wants to be independent, as do I. I don't want anyone to chauffeur me around. When the time comes that I cannot drive myself around, please let me go on to whatever happens after this life. I like my independence
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

One must wonder if his age might have contributed to the crash. There were no tickets given to either driver---but then again who the hell is going to take a chance of pissing off the boss?

The prince is said to be home resting with the queen by his side. While he escaped uninjured, Buckingham Palace isn't taking this lightly. Some say it's unlikely he will be allowed to drive on public roads again.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He's not done yet.
    If he is back on the road in his new Land Rover, other British drivers might consider upping their game a bit with their own Land Rover......Ben

Or maybe...

Apparently he heeded the warning signs, and voluntarily forked over his license...Some peasant just got elevated from stablehand to coachman......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Apparently he heeded the warning signs, and voluntarily forked over his license...Some peasant just got elevated from stablehand to coachman......Ben
    Yes, I saw that apparently someone was able to impart good judgment into his noggin. I also saw a hand signed personal letter of apology that he sent to the lady he ran over. I thought that was nice. If she is a true British Subject she will probably treasure the letter.

I also saw a hand signed personal letter of apology that he sent to the lady he ran over.
    I hope it was written on the back of a check....