In an article in this morning’s WSJ Michael Cohen is said to have contracted with a man by the name of John Gauger, the head of IT at Liberty University (possibly the smelliest nest of academic hypocrisy in the country). Mr Gauger seems to confirm the story with the exception of payment---it seems trump might have stiffed him for part of his full fee, as is trump’s history.
Anyway---trump who always wants to whine about “fake news” and rigged polls and should be considered an expert on the subject----he generates more fake news than anyone with his endless lies---and as it turns out from this story engaged Mr Gauger to provide IT services in rigging two separate polls. Sadly (for trump) Mr Gauger’s best efforts were for not and trump’s standing in the polls remained on the wrong end.
If that were not enough---last night old Rudy G made another revision to history by saying:
““I never said there was no collusion between the campaign or between people in the campaign,” he told CNN. He added: “I said the president of the United States. There is not a single bit of evidence the president of the United States committed the only crime you could commit here, conspired with the Russians to hack” the Democratic National Committee.”

So---now in the face of mounting evidence indicating there was collusion between the trump campaign and the Russians Rudy throws the underlings under the bus while continuing to claim trump knew nothing. This is counter to trump’s repeated denials of any connection on the part of anyone in his campaign. While I believe that trump is clueless in many things there isn’t much that goes on in his own organization he isn’t in control of.
From an engineering POV I would describe trump’s current status as living in a house of cards, the wind is rising, and the foundation is unrepairable. For trumps tribe---it’s a good time to move on.