Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The opposing view...

The opposing view...

In reading the news from the Detroit Auto Show for news about the new Dodge Ram 3500 (1,000 ft/lbs of torque), I ran across a "news" site dedicated to making us realize that we're all just killers on wheels...I thought it was a parody site at first, but these loons are actually serious...Here's a sampling:

"Giant Ram 3500 'breaks the sound barrier' for power and intimidation"...

"Investigative reporters conclude that America's love of SUVs is killing pedestrians"...

"Why do pickup trucks have such aggressive front ends?"...

Now I'm too ashamed to drive anywhere, and too intimidated to walk...I guess I'll just sit alone at home and wait for Nancy Pelosi to send somebody on a bicycle to bring me a veggie burger so I won't starve......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Lol what do you expect from the Prius drivers at tree hugger.com
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Idiots probably don't guns either.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Lol what do you expect from the Prius drivers at tree hugger.com
    Prius?...Isn't that Latin for speed bump?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Idiots probably don't guns either.
    That's another reason for driving a truck...I can carry more guns with me......Ben

Mmmmm… it has a 6.7 liter diesel with 400 HP and 1,000 ft lb of torque. If it comes with a stick - I'm in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Nope, but last year for it in the 2500 Dodge.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Nope, but last year for it in the 2500 Dodge.
    I don't often get to say this, but Fred is right...

2018 was the last year for a manual transmission in a Dodge Ram, and only in the puny 3/4 ton......Ben

I blame the death of the manual on the current generation that can't even change a tire on a car, let alone do an oil change lest they break a finger nail that's just the men, don't even let me get me started on the women....
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I blame the death of the manual on the current generation that can't even change a tire on a car, let alone do an oil change lest they break a finger nail that's just the men, don't even let me get me started on the women....

You kids get off my lawn....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You kids get off my lawn....

If you can't get that new Dodge/Cummins (or any other inferior truck you may have ordered) as quick as you wanted, blame the politicians who can't decide how to spend our money......Ben

Who can afford to order a new truck these days? I'll have to drive my '06 until it falls apart under my ass.... 185K on the clock so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Who can afford to order a new truck these days? I'll have to drive my '06 until it falls apart under my ass.... 185K on the clock so far.

yeah we buy used only I can't afford 80K for a F350 Lariat 4x4 CC Dually, hell we could barely afford the $38k for 3 year old used one in mint condition that we bought