Thread: The ultimate host

The ultimate host

Yesterday trump made a big show of feeding fast food for lunch with the Clemson football team, even made a point of saying that menu was driven by reduced staff.
    He also claimed to have paid for that out of his own pocket.

Today trump invited a list of vulnerable new Democrats to lunch so that he could use his self professed charm on them to win their votes for the wall.

I have to confess I am disappointed, I didn't get to see the menu. Seems no one showed up to subject themselves to the grand charmer.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He's a real class act. Everything he does is making America great again in his opinion. Hell, it was already great until he started tearing it down.

He needs to go. Now. Too bad he didn't leave before Pelosi became speaker. Paul Ryan would have made a much better V.P. .........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Sorry, but concerning the deal with Clemson I think you both are being a bit petty. From what I can tell most of the kids had no problem with it, in fact it was suggested by folks at Clemson as an alternative to a full dinner.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It really has nothing to do with Clemson. Clemson is just another example of his disrespect for the rest of the world who is not Trump. I am sick over his treatment of the federal workers who are caught up in the middle of his arrogance. I am sick of his arrogance when dealing with other countries. I am sick of.....just about everything Trump. He needs to go. He is costing the Republican party millions of votes in 2020. It will take decades for the party and the nation to recover from his New York nastiness. I really think the 25th Amendment should be imposed. He is unfit for office and doing the country great harm. Invoke the 25th and Pelosi doesn't get to be V.P. Pence will make the choice. Much better that way.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It really has nothing to do with Clemson. Clemson is just another example of his disrespect for the rest of the world who is not Trump. I am sick over his treatment of the federal workers who are caught up in the middle of his arrogance. I am sick of his arrogance when dealing with other countries. I am sick of.....just about everything Trump. He needs to go. He is costing the Republican party millions of votes in 2020. It will take decades for the party and the nation to recover from his New York nastiness. I really think the 25th Amendment should be imposed. He is unfit for office and doing the country great harm. Invoke the 25th and Pelosi doesn't get to be V.P. Pence will make the choice. Much better that way.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Trump is the payback for Obama, I think it backfired though. Still rather have Trump then obama though. Yes Mike I do understand what your saying, I also understand obama bowing and his iranian plan. I think we're a lot safer with Trump and the wall was a compainge promise that everyone was for. Now their not, we need to quit being as wishy washy as our politicians, no offence meant.
    This is your mind on drugs!

A complete and utter disgrace to the country, the recovery will be long.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well then I guess we just give in and let the Democrats have their way since we have a leader that doesn't suit our needs.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Well then I guess we just give in and let the Democrats have their way since we have a leader that doesn't suit our needs.
    Not at all. In order to thwart the Democrats and save the country from more of Trump's self aggrandizing incompetence, Pence should invoke the 25th Amendment. That prevents Pelosi from automatically becoming V.P. when Trump inevitably falls. It will also help repair the Republican party prior to the 2020 elections.

Never give in to the Democrats, that would be a train wreck of a different sort.

I continue to wait for someone, anyone to give me a cogent explanation for the continued cry to implement the 25th amendment. There is NO repeat NO reason for the VP to even think of it. Additionally, it would take the VP and eight cabinet members to start the process. That won’t happen. Additionally, it would only for for the 21 day period before 2/3 rds of the House and Senate would have to approve of the action which is never going to happen.

Perhaps rather than constantly ranting about how Trump is destroying the Country and making us look bad to other Countries you could give some concrete examples.

The flavor of the month seams to be the wall and shutdown. Something which IMO is needed, the wall, to limit the influx of illegals and drugs. It must likely won’t stop them but it will damn sure cut down the numbers and amount. The partial shutdown which could be ended by the House and Senate. The amount of money the Pres. is asking is not that great in relation to the cost of supporting those who break our law and expect us to supply therewith health care and housing. Currently there is, in the news, reporting that we, the tax payers, are not spending enough to support those who are illegally in the Country. Explain to me why we should even have to spend our tax moneys to support a crime .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I continue to wait for someone, anyone to give me a cogent explanation for the continued cry to implement the 25th amendment. ..........
    Because it is the only way to get Trump out of office without handing Pelosi the Vice Presidency.

There is NO repeat NO reason for the VP to even think of it.
    His state of mind would be a starting point.

Exactly. I don't believe the man is mentally stable.