Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Baaaack!!!

We're Baaaack!!!

Well, after several hectic days and delays, filled with anger, frustration, wailing and gnashing of teeth, we are back!

For those you who did not know where we went, the server we were on was hacked by someone who wanted to use it for email spam. When I killed his emails, he FUBAR'ed the server beyond repair. We are now on a new server and running a newer version of vBulletin. We needed to upgrade both the server and the software anyway, but I was planning a much easier way of accomplishing that. This way, I can no longer procrastinate!

I was able to recover a database backup from 01/05/19 and that is where we are now. I don't remember the exact date we went down, but it was really close the place we are now.

As everyone can see, there is still work to be done:

Smileys and icons and forum images are not working. I'll get to them when I can.

The vB style (color scheme) we were using is not working. Again, I'll get to it.

Feel free to use the site as it is and let me know of other problems that may arise.

Mike
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hope you goobers missed my sparkling wit and in-depth analysis of world events as much as I missed you bickering and arguing with each other...I'll add that Mike works his butt off here and earns every nickel of his enormous salary and benefits, so let's give him a hearty round of applause for putting this trainwreck back together......Ben

Editor's note: I miss the smileys and will be glad to see them back...
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The smileys are back! Take that one off the list.

Note to self: Images should be FTP'd in binary mode, not ASCII.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mike such a big thanks to you. I know it is a labor of love. I was keeping up with your progress from the local CBP reporter extraordinaire. Thanks again I know I am speaking for a bunch of us here in saying you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Note to self: Images should be FTP'd in binary mode, not ASCII.
    Whatever...I think this one should be added to our smiley list in appreciation for bringing this monster back to life......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

EFFFING AAAA there is no place like home
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Y'all were gone ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Y'all were gone ?.
    Who is this guy?......

Well avatars work in the member list, but not in the threads...We've got our banner back...Photo albums are still functional......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Who is this guy?......

Well avatars work in the member list, but not in the threads...We've got our banner back...Photo albums are still functional......Ben
    I can see everyone's avatars in the thread in their original post just not in the quotes
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Kudos to the Captain---I think I would have just bagged it!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Kudos to the Captain---I think I would have just bagged it!
    Glad he was in charge
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I made it back in, Mike had his chance and blew it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Big thanks Mike.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I can see everyone's avatars in the thread in their original post just not in the quotes
    I can too now...Sounds like progress to me......Ben

Honda is right, Mike has done an excellent job.

And, thanks to Ben for keeping me posted as problems were rolled out and then fixed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead