Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Baaaack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Honda is right, Mike has done an excellent job.

And, thanks to Ben for keeping me posted as problems were rolled out and then fixed.

Hunter
    I'm just the press agent...All thanks go to the Cap'n......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My thanks to Ben as well!

FWIW----off on the right margin there is a partially truncated (at least on my system) note saying something like:

Multi-
    This
    Page
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Exclamation READ THIS!

I think all of the icons, smileys and other symbols are now working properly. I still need to fix the header and site color scheme.

IMPORTANT!

In order for all of the images to appear correctly, try hitting the Ctrl F5 keys to refresh the site. If that doesn't work, clear your image cache and then try the Ctrl F5 keys again.

If you are being automatically logged out of the site, you will need to clear your cookies for the site to stay logged in.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Everything seems to be working for me...Nice work!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I spoke too soon...There seems to be an icon missing on the "Who's Online" page......Ben

I'm not seeing it. Which icon is missing?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm not seeing it. Which icon is missing?
    I can't remember what used to be there, but I'm seeing the attached pic...The little IMG chingaderos with the folded corner means something's missing, but I don't know what......Ben

Never mind...I fixed it...User error......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	36780  

The old "Ctrl F5" fix it for ya?

The old "Ctrl F5" fix it for ya?
    No but clearing the image cache did......Ben

Good deal.

I just rebuilt the avatars and they seem to be working better now................

I just rebuilt the avatars and they seem to be working better now................
    Cool...I seem to be as handsome as I ever was in mine......Ben

I just noticed...The software upgrade has fixed the issue with YouTube videos displaying properly...Just paste the URL as directed from the "insert video" prompt...Voila......Ben

Have you ever noticed all of the stars in the Orbison Black and White Night videos? It is one illustrious group of musicians.

[added on edit] Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, James Burton, Glen D. Hardin, Tom Waits, kd lang, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, JD Souther, T Bone Burnett, Steven Soles, and Jennifer Warnes and more!

Have you ever noticed all of the stars in the Black and White videos?
    Yep that was a very unusual concert...Orbison always wanted a live concert recording...This was his third try, the first two never coming out the way he wanted...This time he rented the Coconut Grove nightclub in LA, and invited a lot of his favorite performers hoping a few could join him for a live gig...As it turned out, not a single one turned him down...There wasn't even room for everybody on the stage...But the ones who didn't get picked to perform were all out in the audience, notably Kris Kristofferson, Billy Idol, BJ Thomas...Some of those who got the call were on road tours at the time, and cancelled performances just to be there...

Imagine somebody that respected who could ask Bonnie Raitt, Jennifer Warnes and KD Lang to be his backup doo-wop girls...The least well known of them, Miss Warnes, Had already won three Academy Awards for best song in a movie...Quite a night indeed......Ben

Oh, to have been there!