Thread: I R S Army

I R S Army

CNSNews.com) - The Internal Revenue Service had in its weapons inventory 4,487 guns and 5,062,006 rounds of ammunition as of late 2017, according to a report published this month by the Government Accountability Office.

Included in this arsenal, according to the GAO, were 15 “fully automatic firearms” and 56,000 rounds of ammunition for those fully automatic firearms.

Can anyone explain just why the IRS needs all those guns and ammo?.

Could it be that we need to start paying attention to all those phone calls stating we owe money and if we don't immediately send it the local cops will come drag us off to the jail?.

With 76,832 full time employees, and only 4,487 guns between them, some of those boys are going to have to share when we come after them......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wish life was simple, but a lot has changed since I've been alive.

I would assume that any sort of attack on a government agency would bring the other response, "Why weren't they prepared". So to that end it's another can't win situation.

Might read some of this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand.../#4ece9b6264a1
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

When I was in government, we often spent money on tangible assets that would endure rather than on assets that would not endure. One can keep weapons and ammo for significant periods of time.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Your comment brings up an issue that I used to deal with on an annual basis.

I did significant work for the Navy, eventually I had one crew on base full time and would supplement with additional crews as required.

They would always give me "fair warning" toward the end of the fiscal year regarding how much they had to spend and what they wanted to do so that I had crews on the ready.

They were on the spend it or lose it plan.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    They would always give me "fair warning" toward the end of the fiscal year regarding how much they had to spend and what they wanted to do so that I had crews on the ready.

They were on the spend it or lose it plan.
    I hear that, Dave. I think that you'd be an asset for our government to deal with.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Thank you, I made it a point to never take advantage of the relationship and I am sure they knew that.

Sounds like a problem to me, a recurring problem. How many departments does the government have 50, 500, 5000? Spend it quick on anything there's plenty more where that came from! Waste, government waste is why we have a national debt in the trillions.
    The first thing I'm going to hear is that if we sent it back we wouldn't get it back the next year, and we "might" need it then. The second; If my department doesn't waste it somebody else's will! Fix it!! Instead of patting each other on the back because the IRS has six million rounds of ammo and thousands of guns!
    This is your mind on drugs!

To avoid that, we would have to adopt zero based budgeting, something now required by law in Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    To avoid that, we would have to adopt zero based budgeting, something now required by law in Pa.
    Yes - Like PA, Utah's government agencies have to build up from zero each year for the budget process. And, it works well.

Hunter

I don't even know how that budget process works. I've never heard of it so it must be a pretty good way to do things. Obviously, politicians can't get rich off it and that is why it's not more widely used. Now I'll go look it up and see how close I am to right.
    This is your mind on drugs!