Thread: most excellent walk in the woods

most excellent walk in the woods

Ruth and I took the dogs up to Morgan Territory Preserve just east of Mt Diablo on the east side of the San Francisco bay and just south of the San Joaquin River Delta. We had never been there before. we meandered around the ridgelines for over 6 miles though groves of Coastal Oaks, Chestnut trees, and Manzanita. We had views of Mt Diablo, the Delta and 200 miles to the east the snow capped Sierra Nevada it was glorious.

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Wow that's just beautiful
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Wow that's just beautiful
    yeah and it is only 15 miles from my front door. It just took me 6 years to get around to going there
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Well welcome the Bama fans coming your way for the big game next week...................lol.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Had to look that up. Levi's stadium is about 45 minutes south of us on a good traffic day. I doubt we will see many of them. I had no idea who or where that was being played. Not my cup of tea

Well welcome the Bama fans coming your way for the big game next week...................lol.
    I'm guessing you have 50 yard line tickets, Tom?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ha, just passed on some tics. With the 4K TV's providing such a beautiful picture I just can't be inspired to go through the expense and trouble of attending anymore. However, I am sure it is a great experience, IF your team wins........................

.... However, I am sure it is a great experience, IF your team wins........................
    I'm pretty sure your team will win.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

funny thing about the bay area even with 3 division 1 schools here no one out here really gives a rats about college football so aside from the out of state "fans" there will not be much to do about it made by the locals. San Jose, Milpitas, Fremont, Oakand all suck as destination cities so that leaves San Francisco and getting there from Levi's is a royal pain in the arse

With all the quality pro sports in your area I can understand that.

With all the quality pro sports in your area I can understand that.
    Warriors, Sharks are it. Giants have stunk for a few seasons but their stadium rocks. A's are good but the Venue is literally a toilet bowl in the getto of Oakland. 49ers and Raiders pretty much just suck. Now College Hoops packs em in around here. Football not so much

I was so impressed by the vistas and the looks of that park I looked it to learn more about it. Surprisingly I found that the park was named after an Alabama guy who made his way out there in a wagon. Now I would have never thought that.

well you still have time and there are plenty of seats available below face value for the "Big Game"

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/annkil...p?t=13c0e7f1dd

Yeah it seems lot's of folks are like me and bailing on the game. No one can figure why they put the game there anyway. Folks out there could care less about college football.