Thread: My high school's transgender bathroom policies violate the privacy of the rest of us

My high school's transgender bathroom policies violate the privacy of the rest of us

This whole transgender thing is a load of crap that needs to be done away with. You are what your genes say you are. Period. No amount of acting or surgery changes that.

Few students ever dream that they’ll sue their high school. But that is exactly what several of my peers and I had to do.

Our school is Boyertown Area High School in Boyertown, Pennsylvania, and my reason for suing was to restore the bodily privacy we used to enjoy in locker rooms and restrooms on campus. Now, we have asked the Supreme Court to review our case.
    [snip]
    The moment I walked into our girls’ restroom and found a boy standing there, I turned and fled — the school’s surveillance video caught me running out. I tried to get the attention of administrators to explain to them how uncomfortable — how scared — I felt sharing the girls’ restroom with a boy. They wouldn’t listen. The principal simply wrote down my concerns on a Post-it note and said he’d contact me soon. He never did.
    The Rest of the Story
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That is a superb load of bull****.

That school district adjoins ours and that decision by the school board was a big controversy long before it went into effect. It is beyond me how that could have been a surprise to anyone.
    It has now been reversed but the court case could be continuing, I'm not sure. Once the reversal happened everything quieted down.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Maybe a load of bull****. Maybe they were well informed. I'll not argue that. The whole point is the taking of privacy from the many to accommodate the minuscule few. The minuscule few who deny nature. How in hell does anyone think this is right?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I can't answer how many may think it is right, but I can assure you there were no parents standing up in support of this. Don't quote me on this but I don't believe any board members that voted for this and up for reelection are still there.
    The community did not take well to this at all. This is a rural area.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The problem is not just that community, it is a pervasive problem.

There is a huge amount of support for these type rights among many, many politicians including the incoming speaker of the house. I see this expanding instead of contracting.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Spare the rod and you spare the child is what we said. Dr. Spock said let them do whatever they want, basically. They did! The little boys that were scared of little girls just stayed with the little boys. Turn the other cheek! You don't need to stand up for yourself just blame everything on everybody else. The perverts in Congress have been trying to get into the girl's bathroom for 50 years! They finally made it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

We should all walk around naked.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The problem is not just that community, it is a pervasive problem.
    My intent was not to indicate this is only an issue in the local community but to try to add a bit of reality to what was presented in the article.

The article was far from BS. It was an emotional and accurate observation by one of the students who was harmed by the policy. That is the reality.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.