Thread: On January 1, I become a criminal, for doing nothing. by Jon Caldara

On January 1, I become a criminal, for doing nothing. by Jon Caldara

The First Part of the Article by Jon Caldara.

Because I own a long gun with a pistol grip and a detachable magazine, I had to the end of December to self-identify to the police, present myself for investigation and my gun for inspection, pay fees in order to receive a police-issued permission slip, all to avoid jail time, monetary penalties, and the confiscation and destruction of my gun.

I have never been convicted or even charged with a crime in my 54 years of life, but this week I become a criminal. I am no different then potentially thousands of other Boulderites who cannot bring themselves to submit to this ugliness. And yes, I know, most people today don’t see this as ugly or intolerant, but simply a reasonable thing to do about this “epidemic.” After all, something needs to be done.

For publicly stating that I will not comply, my daughter has been targeted at her Boulder school, the one with posters celebrating tolerance and diversity all over the walls. My refusal to submit has been commented on by teachers in front of their classes. She has been ganged up on by students and bullied because “her father is a murderer.” She is worried that I will be taken to jail. As a single dad to her and her handicapped brother, I have to admit I’m worried about that too.

I respect the police, greatly. The cops I know hate the idea of enforcing this intolerance. I ask them when they come to arrest me and confiscate my guns, they give me enough warning, so my kids aren’t around when they do it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Where is the ACLU when you need them?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The ACLU "generally" supports left wing ideologies. Gun control is not one of their passions. Abortion and immigration are.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Like Honda said, and that is truly unfortunate. If they would go to bat for any and all Constitutional issues, I would join. Sadly, they don't.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    From what I've found, there's no need for the ACLU to file suit, there are already 2 suits coming through the crts. One by the NRA and one by the Colorado State Shooting Association.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Like Honda said, and that is truly unfortunate. If they would go to bat for any and all Constitutional issues, I would join. Sadly, they don't.
    They have defended both the NRA and Rush Limbaugh

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

This is your mind on drugs!