Thread: The Wall The Shut down and the folks

The Wall The Shut down and the folks

Was thinking today about this wall and government shut down/standoff that is going on in Washington. Looking at everything I can pull together it seems to me the opposition to the wall really has nothing to do with the wall at all. Seems it has more to do with denying the President the chance to make good on one of his key campaign promises and to embarrass him in front of his base. In the mean time we the citizens pay the price for the political hijinx in DC. Of course I am sure there are quite different views than I have expressed. Love to hear from you.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

my biggest problem with the wall is the taking of the peoples ranch property, cutting US parks in half, giving the rio grande to mexico and I could go on and on. Not to mention that I think its a freaking total waste of 5 billion dollars.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

All valid points and should be part of the discussion but I don't think it has anything to do with the genesis of the current stalemate.

The Dems see this as a chance to bury and embarrass the President at his own game and they are not going to let this chance slip. We will see who blinks first. The President I suspect.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The Wall will never happen, It's just a political pawn.....

I think Trump will fold soon and I think he'll try to play it up as a 2020 election issue. I do not think the president will allow the shutdown to last too much longer. However I do believe the Democrats would allow the shutdown to last through the end of his term if that's what it took

House should on Jan 3rd send another budget less all wall expenses forward.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'