Thread: Justice Ginsberg

Justice Ginsberg

Woah, Justice Ginsberg just had two malignant nodes removed from her lungs. I hope , as they said, that they got all of it but, it may be time for her to accept the fact that at 85 her health is not the best. Perhaps it is time for her to retire although she is trying to hang on for a Democrat President.

I agree, she has served her time and it is time for her to go home and tend to her health.

Appointed for life so let her decide when to pull the plug on serving.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Agree..

I know it is entirely within her control when she decides to step down which I am quite sure if she has her preference it will be within moments after the swearing in of the next Democratic President. It does however trouble me that she has problems holding her head up and is clearly in bad health. She is a very powerful person. She needs to be capable. Far be it for me to judge whether or not she is.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

And the American people deserve a competent Supreme Court Justice that is capable of staying awake to hear all of the arguments presented.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    While you are correct, She cant even stay awake during court. The time to step down is now
    07HEMI4ME

A Friend Will Help You Move, But a Real Good Friend Will Help You Move a Body... He will not ask why you are digging the hole or what is in the bag.

One of my few court experiences involved a civil suit that was heard by a judge rather than a jury (at the mutual agreement of the parties). The trial was a long drawn out affair over a number of months since trying to accommodate the schedule of numerous witnesses and the judge was difficult. Unfortunately, I was in court throughout the trial.

I was convinced the judge slept through the vast majority of the testimony. He would turn his chair 90 degrees to the bench and put his head down---and not move! Clearly he was off in dream land---or so I thought--until he rendered his decision----that judge wasn't sleeping. It was obvious that he had heard every word

Moral of the story--it ain't always what you think it is---or what someone else leads you to believe it is.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Justice Ginsburg remains on the Court for purely political purposes, despite CJ Roberts denial that politics are not a concern in the SC. If HRC had been elected Ginsburg would have resigned before HRC made it to the White House for the first day. Regardless it is her choice and she is entitled to stay on the Court at her pleasure.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Justice Ginsburg remains on the Court for purely political purposes, despite CJ Roberts denial that politics are not a concern in the SC. If HRC had been elected Ginsburg would have resigned before HRC made it to the White House for the first day. Regardless it is her choice and she is entitled to stay on the Court at her pleasure.
    she had eight years of Obama and already fought colon cancer... I think she remains on the crt because she feels a duty to impart her views until she can not.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    she had eight years of Obama and already fought colon cancer... I think she remains on the crt because she feels a duty to impart her views until she can not.
    I certainly understand your view. However she will do everything she can not to give a republican a chance to replace her. The Federal Court system is VERY political despite what they would like the public to believe. If it were not political why would there be the need for these politicians to pepper nominees with hot button political questions and then fight down in the mud over confirmations.

Well it appears she is going to miss a few weeks to recover and then return to the bench. I wish her well.

I've seen a couple of articles that say she is not as well as they are saying.I wish her the best and hope she thinks about retiring. However, from what I can find out searching, the Court is her life and she would be totally lost without it.

I wish her the best, but with her health problems, I sadly think it is time for her to step down. Thanks for her many years of service!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke