Thread: The MSM feigns horror once again

The MSM feigns horror once again

Seems like we have drifted from Russian collusion to payments to whores as the main reason to throw Trump in jail. Everything is just so horrid with him, yet it is nothing to their side when it happens to their people.

I like Tucker Carlson, he is fair and does not play the game. I guess Stormy has a bad taste in her mouth now that the court has awarded that she has to pay almost 300 grand to Trump as her defamation penalty.

I also want the names and amounts of the Congressmen that have a stash of taxpayer money sitting in it to take care of their lawsuits against women. That is our money, not theirs, if they get accused of a sex crime they need to use their own money and face the media.

If the professional hysterics on cable news – Don Lemon and the rest - have seemed a little more florid and jumpy than usual recently, there’s a reason: They’ve finally uncovered the president’s crimes.

No, not Russia collusion. Despite years of searching, there’s still no evidence that happened. This horrifying new misdeed they have uncovered has nothing to do with Vladimir Putin. Instead, it’s about sex. Here’s how The New York Times describes it: “President Trump directed illegal payments to ward off a potential sex scandal that threatened his chances of winning the White House.”

In other words, Trump paid off former girlfriends.
    So, let’s assume that happened. We don’t know for certain that it did; we’d need videotape to prove that. For the sake of debate, let’s just say it did. Why would sending money to women be considered a crime?
    Because, federal prosecutors and their lackeys on TV are telling us, Trump was running for president at the time. Therefore, his payments constitute a campaign finance violation, even though the money apparently didn’t come from his campaign. That’s the argument.

There’s no precedent for that argument, to put it mildly. Bill Clinton tried to keep his affair with Monica Lewinsky secret by giving her a government salary. Nobody suggested that was a campaign finance violation. Even when presidents have admittedly violated campaign finance laws, impeachment and felony charges never entered the conversation.

Barack Obama, for example, ran for president in 2008. His presidential campaign was found guilty of campaign violations involving nearly $2 million. That’s almost ten times the payments Trump made. No one was prosecuted for that. The Obama campaign got off with a $375,000 fine to the FEC.

In 1998, Chuck Schumer was caught taking $1 million in “excessive contributions.” He also failed to properly disclose $6.4 million in expenses. The consequences of all this: Schumer paid a $138,000 fine. Chuck Schumer is still in the Senate today.
    Senator John Edwards, meanwhile, funneled up to a million dollars in donor money to his mistress in the middle of a presidential campaign. He never spent a day in jail. Edwards was sleazy. He wasn’t a criminal.

For some reason, you haven’t heard any of this background on NBC recently. The good people of NBC News are disgusted by what Donald Trump did. Paying off female accusers? That’s just wrong. As Nancy Pelosi might say, it’s “immoral.” It’s not something NBC would engage in or tolerate or countenance. Ever.

Except possibly under extreme circumstances, like on those occasions when hiding the sexual misbehavior of its high-paid anchors seemed important to quarterly earnings. Or when accused rapist Harvey Weinstein called in for a favor. Or other times, too.

But those were entirely different circumstances because Donald Trump was not involved. And Trump is a very bad man, even though he once worked at NBC and made tens of millions of dollars for the company. But, again, that was different.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-circumstances

Is it a crime to pay off people before an election is the better question you should be asking Tx. If the two came out and said something might that have changed a few minds into not voting for Trump?

As for the fact the guy says they were "girlfriends" I wonder about that also. I never paid a girlfriend for sex have you?

As for the rest of the guy opinion most of that has been debunked.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

He said, she said Fred. Holds no water. Obviously the almost 300K judgement the judge gave to Stormy to pay for defamation was one way to say, she had nuttin.

Your claim holds no water as look at all of the women, who came out and said they had been raped, fondled or assaulted, by Kavanaugh. Most of them that made statements under oath will be facing far worse than Stormy got. They lied, they have admitted to it, which not only hurts other women, who have been assaulted and raped, but it also makes people take less interest in the next case that comes up.

May I ask which parts you feel have been debunked or are you just slinging chit again? Bill Clinton paid Paula 850,000 to shut up, where was the charges on that one? Obama and Schumer paid their fine, so is that debunked that it never happened? Matt Lauer lost his job and Weinstein lost everything and is still facing court, so is that debunked?

I'll wait.

All good questions but as usual nothing to do with Cohen and Trump.

Oh look a shooting star.......
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

So please tell me how Trump was connected to anything Cohen was convicted of. He got nailed for tax fraud, not paying his taxes and lying to the feds. His personal taxi business was the tax fraud, and failure to pay taxes has nothing to do with Trump. Campaign finance, I outlined that above as he said/ she said and others who did the same thing, yet they did not go to jail. The last one, lying to investigaters about Trump dealings with Russia, that was just dumb. It was not a huge secret that he was looking at building a hotel in Russia, not a thing wrong with that as a businessman. The deal fell through and was never built, how could that be called anything positive to helping Russia?

Yep the guy was a scumbag, first for cheating on his taxes, but more so for being a weasel and trying to flame the fires of collusion, which by the way, is still not a crime, even if it happens.