Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any opinions regarding

Power grabs happen every day. I remember one in Texas where the entire opposing party left the State and lived in a motel across the State line to avoid having to vote on redistricting. Happens in every election, where the two sides want to get as many counties so they hold the reins. Big city counties are usually the Dems and the rest of the areas are usually Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Could we try to get this one back on topic and if there is interest start another on the electoral college?
    Your buddy Fred started it quit trying to be a dictator Dave
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

soooo, if say pelosi and Obama had set up what NC and WI are doing, you all would have said meh?

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Big deal! What one party enacts, another party can overturn.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Big deal! What one party enacts, another party can overturn.
    Not in this case, the Republicans control both houses of the legislature.

This will end up being challenged in court and probably reversed but it will take time.

The bigger issue to me is the partisanship and disregard for the voters---democracy is not meant to work this way.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The bigger issue to me is the partisanship and disregard for the voters---democracy is not meant to work this way.
    I agree...I didn't hire these people to advance their own party's agenda, I hired them to work for unity...Actions like this are childish and petty......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

But why should it surprise anyone? Everybody wants power, everybody has to be right, be the hero, etc. Politicians, the media, activists, and so on, no longer support all of the people, they work for a cause or a party.

Term limits, no benefits after leaving office and no power, that will do more to clean up the mess than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Term limits
    Agreed...One in office, one in prison......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    But why should it surprise anyone? Everybody wants power, everybody has to be right, be the hero, etc. Politicians, the media, activists, and so on, no longer support all of the people, they work for a cause or a party.

Term limits, no benefits after leaving office and no power, that will do more to clean up the mess than anything.
    It's so simple but here we are. The people that have to put those laws into effect are the ones that are the problem! They'll never pass anything like that, not any part of it.
    This is your mind on drugs!