Thread: remember when the GOP stood for Balancing the budget?

remember when the GOP stood for Balancing the budget?

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

With Congress more interested in playing their stupid power games, the rest of us are sinking in the mud. The Dems are so worried about getting illegals in to the Country for votes and the stupid Repubs not being able to even get along with themselves and the American people being divided by both, it's a wonder that the Chinese haven't invaded already. This is exactly what the Russians were trying to do to us, we feel right into their trap by being dumb.

Clinton is the only one that has ever balanced a budget, isn't he? Well let me put it this way, he's the only one I remember doing it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Clinton is the only one that has ever balanced a budget, isn't he? Well let me put it this way, he's the only one I remember doing it.
    answer

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-b...s-hide-3306151
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

But those tax cuts........
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

A trillion dollar increase right before Clinton who erased that and ended up with a surplus, then the first man in after him....another trillion dollar increase in spending. Of course, the Bush's had an excuse, a 100 of them I bet, Clinton just did his job despite him being a tax and spend democrat.
    Hoover and Coolidge had a major depression to deal with and worked it out. Roosevelt had WWII going on but kept it down until the Japs hit us. There no reason in my opinion that we should have hungry homeless people in America. There is no reason for our roads and bridges to be falling apart. If we tried to fix it now there would be 100 million people protesting in DC saying that they deserved the freeies and shouldn't have to work.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    But those tax cuts........
    yeah Wall Street is lovin it oopsie

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr