Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Market

I can say that! When I get out of the hospital after three months two? could have been three years ago everything was gone, car house money, everything that was in the house of value was gone. I had two mutual funds, "had" being the keyword. Cash a lot of it but I went a year where I didn't know who my kids were. Had two days to live at one point. I have no clue what to do as far as stocks or investments anymore. Nothing has shown up except for a $10,000 dollar Harley that I paid off. I'm way out of touch with reality, I wasn't always. I've got dementia from the infection I had that crept into my brain. Old folks get a lot of things that make them ill-informed and they don't even know why. We're not all blessed like Dave is we're just stupid, or scared now, not making enough to eat and afraid to admit it! I've admitted so much on here it's like you all are my priest, I don't believe in confession but it feels good to be able to scream every once in a while even if nobody is listening!!!!!!!!!!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Yep Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    So TX..Are you saying you have zero retirement income invested?
    Yo Bo, take a gander here and note that MOST do not have much retirement income .

Most families—even those approaching retirement—have little or no retirement savings

Arrrgh, couldn't get the chart to show up. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/07/how-...every-age.html

Here ya go, IV. - Mike

That is not a pretty future facing a lot of folks.

Knowing how bad my self discipline is when it comes to money, I made sure to work in a job with a pension and forced savings. Damn glad I did, too!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I've been contributing to IRA's and 401(k)'s since i was about 28 years old. Glad I did. 25 years with my previous employer putting a minimum of 10% of my salary in every month with a 6% corp match can really add up.

Failing to have retirement income is not a problem you can fix as you approach retirement age you have to start young.

Looking at those numbers is scary. Both the bride and I have a life long income plus a bit of savings. But, we are the fortunate ones.

As the chart and many more studies show, there are a lot of people in bad situations.

One run of bad luck can in effect destroy the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I made sure to work in a job with a pension and forced savings. Damn glad I did, too!
    I shoulda been that smart......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I made sure to work in a job with a pension and forced savings. Damn glad I did, too!
    Which is exactly what my wife and I did. It did not pay in the short-term, but we've been lucky enough to have the future nailed down.

You did good, Mike.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

What I was sayng above, it might not always be there. I have no way to tell you guys on how to watch it, but watch it **** happens! Tex is rubbing off on me, or the other way around but I say a lot and never get out what I'm trying to say. Now read the top line again.
    This is your mind on drugs!