Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market

Market

I noted that the markets were going up for the last two years.

Election time rolls around, the Dems take over Congress and look at the result .

They haven't even taken charge as yet but the anticipation of their regulations

is having the expected effect.

Really?

You might do well to do some reading on what is going on---and the Dems are not involved.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post

They haven't even taken charge as yet but the anticipation of their regulations

is having the expected effect.

LOL... I AM THE TARIFF KING ... Ring a bell?

Can't wait until the Dems are back in control and all will be right with the world..................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Can't wait until the Dems are back in control and all will be right with the world..................
    Yep. Can't convince the dumb ones that see the economic stifling Dems taking over the house. For the last few years things have been humming along and then Pelosi's name comes back into the pic and the bottom falls out? Yep I put my money on the obvious.

Not to mention their mention of trying to undo everything that has kept the economy going strong. Or maybe it is the threats of wasting all of their time investigating instead of running America?

I find it unimaginable that you boys are so out of touch with reality----you are joking right?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I admit my original post was somewhat tongue in cheek. I was mainly interested in what all y'all were thinking. I personally don't think the proposed tariffs are the primary cause of the decline in the market. Fed rates and the rapid rise of the market mandated a correction. At least thats what I'm beginning to believe. I also somewhat believe, as I said, that the about to be Dem majority in the Congress may be a factor . Time will tell.

Fact is, I do not own stocks. Never have had enough expendable income to afford taking the chance. I do like to track a few stocks for my imaginary portfolio just to see if I would have made money or not.

Stocks are like the slots in Vegas. It used to be a way to combine cash to help a company have some capital and at the same time spread the wealth when the company grew. Now you can actually bet against it working as well. Regular people will go to the store or the local vendor to buy their food and other goods. If the Apple stock takes a tumble or of Facebook falls to the cellar, who cares. I will use another phone and I can talk to anybody I meet on the street.

I think the clowns on Wall Street have put way to much worth on themselves. Just like the Y2K scare, it turned out to be nothing to the average Joe, keep things close and do not worry about the things you can not control.

I think the clowns on Wall Street have put way to much worth on themselves.

It must be very lonely to be the only one on earth that is as smart and knowledgeable as you James.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    It must be very lonely to be the only one on earth that is as smart and knowledgeable as you James.
    Oh we have plenty of company don't we?

One of the things that I find myself occasionally having to say to an associate is that no one stands taller when they are standing on the back of one of their co-workers. If you think someone faltered, bend down and help them up---don't stand on their back and blow your own horn, making yourself look smaller in the process.

One of the things that I find myself occasionally having to say to an associate is that no one stands taller when they are standing on the back of one of their co-workers. If you think someone faltered, bend down and help them up---don't stand on their back and blow your own horn, making yourself look smaller in the process.
    Well you seem to like standing on the backs of us "stupid" people. your lovely little barbs and snide remarks are well known, yet you keep your status as the "helper".

Just to use some of your own experiences as an example.... the Amish butcher you like to use, as well as the one who your get produce and ice cream from, Do you think they worry about the stock market? I would think not. If the stock market can not attract suckers, er investors, they do not make as much commission. Sure they need to make themselves out to be the cats meow. I am sure that many things need to have the market to simplify buying and selling, but it can and has been done without all the hoopla.

I choose not to indulge in the gambling, sure you can say I am not making my money work to its full potential. but when I go to the bank after a rather brutal day on the market, I still have the same cash in my account as I did the day before. I'm happy with that.

I find it unimaginable that you boys are so out of touch with reality----you are joking right?
    Why because we disagree with you? Now that is funny.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

So TX..Are you saying you have zero retirement income invested?