Thread: Who in their right mind would want to join this "administration"

Who in their right mind would want to join this "administration"

Apparently not Nick Ayers--from the NYT:

Nick Ayers, President Trump’s top choice to replace John F. Kelly as chief of staff, has declined to take the job, according to three people familiar with the talks.

Mr. Ayers, 36, the chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, is expected to leave the administration in the coming weeks as his family returns to Georgia, according to people familiar with his plans.

That leaves it unclear who will take the top West Wing job as Mr. Trump enters the 2020 campaign confronting growing danger from the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference and from Democrats who have vowed tougher oversight after they take control of the House next month.

Mr. Ayers had told the president that he would do the job on an interim basis, through the spring. But Mr. Trump wants a permanent chief of staff as he heads into the fight of his political life.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Oh there will be folks lined up to take a job like this. Does one have any idea how much you can earn in the private market after holding a high level position such as this. It's shocking.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Why would anybody want to work in the admin that has loony liberals chasing them and their families out of restaurants, picketing in front of their homes and harassing their families.

As far as the special counsel, what a circus. Comey was called back in to answer questions from a Congressional committee, he answered over 230 questions with "I do not know or I do not recall", yet he had enough memory of things to write a book? Of course the NYT would be too stupid to connect those dots, which makes their reporting so biased. Collusion is not a crime, remember. Oh thats right, they were the ones that popped the story based on the fake dossier paid for by the DNC and actually used Russian information. They had more collusion with Russia than Trump ever did.

....and how does any of that relate to the subject of this thread?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ....and how does any of that relate to the subject of this thread?
    That is the same thing I was wondering. You beat me to asking.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

There are true believers on both sides. I'm sure someone will jump at the chance to take over that position.

There is a chance that Trump will be charged with the { crime } of paying off a couple of people . Whether or not it will be proven is another question.
    If, If a person were to accept the job, he/she will need to be extremely careful of having a spotless record because I believe if the mule is still panning for fools gold he will be all over whoever it is.

I also believe that whoever takes the position should follow the example hillary provided and grab a hammer and smash Trumps twitter phone.

Who in their right mind would want to join this "administration"
    Why would anybody want to work in the admin that has loony liberals chasing them and their families out of restaurants, picketing in front of their homes and harassing their families.

Mr. Trump enters the 2020 campaign confronting growing danger from the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference and from Democrats who have vowed tougher oversight after they take control of the House next month.
    Collusion is not a crime, remember. Oh thats right, they were the ones that popped the story based on the fake dossier paid for by the DNC and actually used Russian information. They had more collusion with Russia than Trump ever did.

Any more questions? When you just had to throw the Russian election part into the fray....and you did it for a dig, I also included that part of my answer into it as well. If you dont want to see the whole story, why intentionally try and stir the pot? Then whine about it.

It seems the short list that trump had -----is getting shorter and shorter. All on their own they reply "not for me"!

Two drops outs today,Messrs. Mnuchin and Mulvaney.

Maybe try an ad in Craig's List

Hey I recommend Tx. He's about the only one I know that's buying what Trump selling.

Too many people that could take the job are saying no, so that makes one wonder why?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I would not want my family exposed to the foaming mouth liberal idiots either.

Sadly we the people have allowed our Govt to become nothing but a free for all with the losing side whining until they get elected again.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I would not want my family exposed to the foaming mouth liberal idiots either.

Sadly we the people have allowed our Govt to become nothing but a free for all with the losing side whining until they get elected again.
    Remember my answer to your "Why can't we all just get along"
    This is your mind on drugs!

There is no getting along with somebody that would chase a person and their family into or out of, a business or restaurant. They crossed that line when they followed the family in public. Would not happen with mine, somebody would be getting a few punches thrown their way. Respect only works when it is a two way street.