Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

I have to agree in a way with what IV mentions, the "breaking of the glass ceiling" thing. It has become a game now, who can make their being the "first" of their type, whatever their type might be. People voted for Obama as the first black, millions of women voted for Hilliary as the first woman. it's almost like a game. Who can make their mark as the first of this or that, and still be dumb as a rock and never accomplishing anything up to that point in their careers, that would make them a good choice.

Nowadays it seems as if we no longer look at the career highlights and what have they done to earn the honor of the office they are running for, now it is just who did they sleep with and how many parties did they attend. Oh and let's no forget the big one, how many women did they talk to in a manner that would make their granny's blush. The fake news bunch have made themselves the focus instead of the candidate.

Here is an example of what I call fake news or agenda based news choose your term.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/polit...aff/index.html

Now if you read the headline and know the facts it is untrue or at best a rumor based judgment designed to damaging and negative towards the president. This is only a small example of what has been going on for two years.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I agree with you Honda, the story does not need any add on commentary to it, just report the damn facts instead of stirring the pot.

Trump needs his tweeter account closed and TX needs a 140 character limit.

Wow, so freedom of speech means chit to you if you disagree with it? SInce you do not add anything but smart comments, why do you even waste your time?

OK... you win.... Trump is the TWEETER KING... and my opinion means nothing...My freedom of speech is done.

TX freedom of speech per the constitution. It only apples as a guarantee that the Government can't shut you up for disagreeing with it. It has zip to do with stuff between individuals or people and companies.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

^^^^^^
    Just like on this site or any other absolutely have no freedom of speech that's the reason people get banned & Threads get locked. The only freedom of speech you have is standing in a park somewhere and repeating things that don't offend other people too much.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I might add that understanding your first amendment is very very difficult for individuals who are not formally legally trained. It's probably one of the Constitutional rights that over my span of my career I have had to explain more than any other and more times than not I still don't get it across

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I might add that understanding your first amendment is very very difficult for individuals who are not formally legally trained. It's probably one of the Constitutional rights that over my span of my career I have had to explain more than any other and more times than not I still don't get it across
    Just remember that the person with the most money wins. Constitutional rights can and have been bought and traded, just remember what side of the tracks you come from!
    This is your mind on drugs!

When I see protests, I've seen people here complain about them. What others may say and talk about is OK, but we still complain anyway. Human nature or ones upbringing.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'