Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

“FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

That was trump's tweet last night, at the same time that a bomb threat was called into CNN in NYC.

My first thought (once again) is that without the media we would have trump as our news source---a proven liar of no equal.

Secondly, I believe that trump's actions and in-actions, as they apply to public behavior, are doing serious damage to our society. The fogging of the line between good and evil is showing. I need go no further than to look at his words regarding the demonstrators in Charlottesville in 2017 when trump refused to take a position against white supremacist---instead branding at least some as good people.

Missing is a president that believes in and supports the standards of conduct for our nation---standards that are in concert with our history---not ones "invented" for convenience by a sleaze bag.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

We need to be working on getting a president elected who has American morals. Both parties should be involved in this effort.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Kind of like the Russia hoax? Fake news is the enemy of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    We need to be working on getting a president elected who has American morals. Both parties should be involved in this effort.

Hunter
    On that we agree. Got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Kind of like the Russia hoax? Fake news is the enemy of the people.
    James, just a little word of advice from your buddy----I would not, if I were you, continue to walk farther out on that plank---it is beginning to make creaking noises and there are cracks opening up---I'd hate to see you get dunked---well---maybe a little if you have a life jacket on
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I will take my chances. So is this the start of no future candidates ever having any contact throughout their careers with other Country leaders? Sure would make the chance of anymore Senators or Congressmen ever running for office, and the successful career of a business leader can have no contacts offshore? Sure going to make the new era of politics uplifting, maybe we will actually have patriotic leaders who have never been on politics and actually know how to make something work. Sure is going to affect the gossip columnists running the MSM as well. No more juicy breaking duds to divide Americans so they can push this or that as a narrative.

I don't know if you call it fake news or agenda based news, but there is no doubt in my mind that the mainstream media had it out for this President since the day he was elected and before. There has generally not been one ounce of objectivity. There have been more retractions and redo's regarding stories concerning this president than I have ever seen in my life time. I fully look at the mainstream media as a partner of the democratic party. For the record they did the same thing to both the Bushes just not as bad. It sickened me to see some of the media outlets fawning over HW when he died. They treated that man like garbage.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    On that we agree. Got any ideas?
    I wish I did have those ideas, my friend. Unfortunately, it's just too darned early to identify an early choice. I need to wait and see whom arises to the challenge.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

For the record they did the same thing to both the Bushes just not as bad. It sickened me to see some of the media outlets fawning over HW when he died. They treated that man like garbage.
    Yes they did and every other Rep candidate that has ever run. Yet they did not show the hatred towards Bill Clinton, even though he was a known sexual predator and rapist. Even in the years after he was always a champion of the Dem party and the savior they called when they needed a boost. Same thing for their treatment of Obama, he could do no wrong in their eyes, yet the man had never done anything worthwhile in his entire life but smoke dope all through college.

Romney on the other hand was run through the wringer, even getting a beat down for putting their dog in a car carrier. And we can all remember the crucifixion of the guy for saying his now famous Russia comment, which Obama made a joke about. The MSM laughed and poked fun, yet these same media clowns are now repeating the Russia mantra on a daily basis.

The puppeteers have been using the liberal MSM for decades to spread their agenda. It does not even need to be a true story, in fact on many occasions it is not even close to the truth, but since all of them are complicit in the agenda, it seems true. That is the scary part, the media does not have to report truth, all they need to do is stay consistent with the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I wish I did have those ideas, my friend. Unfortunately, it's just too darned early to identify an early choice. I need to wait and see whom arises to the challenge.

Hunter
    I don't either. From the reports, Bernie and Biden are at the top for the Dems. That is hilarious to me as they have been saying that the Reps only run rich old white men at the top. The far left is pushing for Kamala Harris and Liz Warren, but I do not see that going far.

On the Repub side, a couple of the turncoats like Corker and Flake are testing the waters, but they have spun the wheel and lost with many of the R's. Their games from the Kavanaugh fiasco, especially Flake showed more of an alignment with the Dems than anything else. I am not sure any of the serious Repubs want to put their political futures on the line by facing Trump, it would be a big gamble as contrary to popular belief, he has a huge base. He had to in order to get elected the first time. It is further noted that many who turned their backs on him lost their midterms and as history has shown, the midterms are curtains for the party in power. Sure the Repubs lost some seats but a gain of Senate seats is unheard of and the loses in the House were minimal compared to what Obama lost.

Third no matter how you feel about Trump's campaign promises, the voters who pulled the lever for him are satisfied with the results he has gotten. They are disappointed at the ObamaCare portion, but that blame fell mainly to the House and Senate as Ryam was unable to come up with something really big and McCain screwed the pooch in the Senate. Neither of them are returning for the next go round. I also think that with the whacko Pelosi in charge, it will reinforce the voters attitude to keep the Dems out of power for the 2020 POTUS election. She raises a bunch of cash but she is not liked. ALso Trump told the voters that letting the House fall would put her back in charge. Whether it was a plan of not, it is another promise that Trump made that came true. If the Dems were really smart and looking to 20, they would never let Pelosi become SOH. She is too much of a far left radical to catch the moderate Dems they will need to beat Trump.

Dave and Tex please don't take offense but you two are twins in your worship? Concern? thoughts on Trump. Your thoughts are on opposite ends of the spectrum but you're each equally over the top on your defence of his good or evil.
    This is your mind on drugs!

No offense taken---but remember trump has been a torn in my world long before he wanted to be President----so, if nothing else, I have seniority over Tx
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-09-2018 at 10:43 AM.

I'm all in for the unbeatable team of an Irish Hispanic and a fake Native American. If that doesn't get the Democrat Base out, what will ?.

As far as a revolt against Trump, I'm not sure that will happen. The one alternative I keep in the back of my mind is Trump not running
    and Ivanka jumping in to attack the Glass Ceiling. With the backing of the Trump supporters, she may just have a chance.

Now that's scary. Not the wannabe ethnicities, but the Ivanka part. I'd rather keep the misfit we already have.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ----so, if nothing else, I have seniority over Tx
    so you are saying you have been wrong longer?