Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eight women claim H.W. Bush groped them

Eight women claim H.W. Bush groped them

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/1/172744...y-metoo-legacy

8 women say George H.W. Bush groped them. Their claims deserve to be remembered as we assess his legacy."
    ================================================== =
    I'm not going to read any more of it. Why with the ever popular "MeToo" movement do these women wait until he's dead?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Well that's nothing compared I guess he just copped a feel from what I understand most the rest of the presidents screwed all the women they could hold down.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yea and the last one was when he was in his wheelchair and had his wife right next to him. Just trying to get their 15 mins of fame would be my guess. Probably one of those that are complaining about Christmas songs being racist and sexist as well.

These unsubstantiated claims appeared over a year ago, why is it necessary to bring them up now?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    These unsubstantiated claims appeared over a year ago, why is it necessary to bring them up now?
    Possibly because the accusers are so dissatisfied with their own lives, they feel their only recourse is to attack those with a more successful history......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Possibly because the accusers are so dissatisfied with their own lives, they feel their only recourse is to attack those with a more successful history......Ben
    That may well be the case but posting that here has what value? Do we have to join some questionable crusade to lessen the man at a time when as a nation we need to be reminded of honor and service?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There is always someone whose life is so miserable that they want to discredit the life of someone who is more respected than themselves.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That may well be the case but posting that here has what value?
    I believe Mike was displaying his outrage at the timing of the regurgitated article as many of us do with other events...The only thing lessened here was the already sullied reputation of the "news" source......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I believe Mike was displaying his outrage at the timing of the regurgitated article as many of us do with other events...The only thing lessened here was the already sullied reputation of the "news" source......Ben
    Agree. Mike appears to be disgusted by the article.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

As I reread it I agree--I think I was thrown off by the
    Why with the ever popular "MeToo" movement do these women wait until he's dead?
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-07-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There is always someone whose life is so miserable that they want to discredit the life of someone who is more respected than themselves.
    ...and for holding fire I have to give thanks to trump for that.

I will assume you did not read the entire thread

I think it time for a walk.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-07-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Simple misunderstanding, Mike.........

Well regardless Bush was not a whoremonger like many US Presidents.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Well regardless Bush was not a whoremonger like many US Presidents.
    Hell no he wasn't! Barbara would have killed him!