Thread: Not that it matters

Not that it matters

..but it seems Mr Mueller is closing in on the "witch".

Even if he does, there is little that can be done as a result. Impeachment might pass the House but will die in the Senate and it seems there is consensus that trump can't be indicted while in office.

So---we will still be stuck with the witch
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Trump does not hide his feelings on these things. I think we'll see him demonstrate even less self-control as the pressure on him mounts.

Even without an impeachment, there are still voters that Trump must face, if he runs again. Hopefully, we would see him lose in another presidential election.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Hopefully, we would see him lose in another presidential election.
    Then he would have to loose in the primaries because at this point I see a field of scary alternatives on the left---as in Elizabeth Warren.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Despite his myriad faults, I would still rather have him than Hillary.

My hope is that once the heat rises enough he demonstrates his playground mentality and picks up his toys and goes home. The sooner the better. That would give Pence a head start for 2020 maybe averting a Democrat in the Whitehouse.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My hope is that once the heat rises enough he demonstrates his playground mentality and picks up his toys and goes home. The sooner the better. That would give Pence a head start for 2020
    Here's an interesting scenario:

You get your wish, and Trump resigns, making Pence President...For reasons unknown (maybe he just doesn't want his life picked apart like so many others) Pence does not want to be President, and also resigns...If this happens before the 116th Congress is seated during the first week of January 2019, Paul Ryan (who did not run for re-election in 2018, and will otherwise be unemployed) will be sworn in as President (either 46 or 47)...

After the 116th is sworn in...Brrrr......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

If Cohen had anything substantial the judge in that case would not have recommended a large sentence and went with what Mueller recommended. Take the hoopla from when this was started, the accusations, the theories, the outright lies and after 2 years no evidence of any collusion (which is not a crime) has been found. It was a misdirection, a plan of division trying to sway public opinion for Trump to fail. In the end it is the media who will pay the price, they have been behind all of the hype and lies and they will be the ones who nobody believes any longer.

Think about this, if they do not come up with a picture of Trump and Putin sitting in a mountain of cash, they will have failed and Trump will have won. Whether he is a scumbag or not, the lie that was perpetrated against him will make him stronger and more powerful than ever. This is their last ditch effort and it had better be a big one, because all of the candidates on the left will depend on it. The blowup in 2020 will be huge and if your think Trump browbeats the media and the Dems now, just wait and see what he does when all of the Russia hoax is proven to be just that, a hoax. The size of his mouth and the intensity of the words he will be saying will be yuge compared to what everybody is whining about now. It will be monumental the payback he will inflict upon those who went against him.

I would be fine with Ryan, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    X2, I voted for him (write-in) in the last election----I could not hold my nose long enough

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    So would I...It's the incoming Speaker of the House that makes me shiver......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ryan is too much to hope for, but I would love to see it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    So would I...It's the incoming Speaker of the House that makes me shiver......Ben
    X 2 to that one as well. I would rather see somebody devoid of a political career all together. Less ammunition for all sides to waste time exploiting. Add to that without playing the political games we can actually have a Congress that works, instead of bickering and fighting.

Nobody that is sane, successful, and capable would run for the Presidency, especially on the Rep side. Just remember Kavanaugh, who wants that in their life. The Rep candidate would literally have to have lived in a cocoon their entire life venturing out only to allow for cleaning.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.