Thread: Gillibrand mocked for tweet

Gillibrand mocked for tweet

Well it seems that 2020 Presidential candidate might have made a huge mistake in her yearning to impress a certain portion of the party. It used to be that we were all created equal and deserved equal treatment, but today's left wing has made it almost a sin to be born a male and all men are scum of the earth. Her tweet, made to get attention and backing, might have backfired and cost her the chance to make a run for the office. Why can't we all just get along?
    The future may be female, but critics say Kirsten Gillibrand's role may be limited.
    The Democratic U.S. senator from New York was widely mocked Wednesday after saying the future is “female” and “intersectional,” in a wink to the progressive wing of her party.
    “Our future is: Female, Intersectional, Powered by our belief in one another. And we’re just getting started,” Gillibrand wrote in a tweet.

Critics claimed Gillibrand was trying to pander to progressives ahead of a likely run for president in 2020, looking to portray herself as a feminist firebrand.
    U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., for one, fired back at Gillibrand, saying “our future is: AMERICAN.”

“An identity based not on gender, race, ethnicity or religion. But on the powerful truth that all people are created equal with a God given right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness,” he added.

Others also criticized the Democrat for embracing “toxic” identity politics rather than viewing everyone as equal.
    “Everyone should be viewed as equals, regardless of immutable characteristics. Now we keep hearing how one group should replace another- women vs. men, etc. It's completely backwards,” said one Twitter user.
    Others have also pointed out Gillibrand’s political transformation from a centrist Democrat liked by the establishment to a progressive.
    “Remember when Gillibrand was an NRA favorite and an immigration hawk?” wrote columnist Chris Churchill, referring to the NRA’s top rating to the Democrat and her tough views concerning illegal immigration.

Donald Trump Jr. also went after Gillibrand’s tweet, saying he’s not sure her message will resonate with voters.
    “Good to know. My girls will be excited about this. When is it appropriate to let my boys (9, 7 and 6 years old) that there's no future for them?” he asked.
    “Not sure this is a winning platform but you be you.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...intersectional
    I happen to agree with Marco Rubio, we should all just be American, stop with the hyphenated names. Treat women as you would your mother, wife or daughter and treat men as you would your father, husband or son. Treat your neighbor and those you meet on the street as you would like to be treated and hope they do the same back. This BS about women being better or men being better is nothing but a concocted plate of garbage. How can Gillibrand represent everybody in her district if she has already shown her prejudice?

The reason why I get into trouble is because I refuse to see the agenda that people are pushing. I do not see color and I try to be polite to people on the street, no matter who they are. Some say I have to stand up for women, well I have a wife and 3 daughters as well as 9 granddaughters, I believe I do. I also tell my sons to be respectful to their mom, sisters, wife and daughters as well.

and you respect democrats and have never said anything nasty about them....

Some Dems I do have respect for, those who have a sense of what our Constitution stands for. Those whose only goal in politics is to allow the killing of unborn babies or taking our money and giving it to whomever they think needs it for votes, not so much. Think about this Bo, if I met them on the street and said hello and maybe held the door open for them to enter, would I still be described a homophobic, racist, sexist, xenophobic, etc? No, I am labeled as such just because I am a Conservative, yet I act kind without asking their political affiliation. Can the same be said for running people out of restaurants or disrupting their lives in public? Also no, they have every right, as do I, to walk on any street and into any business without being threatened or have their family accosted.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Why can't we all just get along?

I happen to agree with Marco Rubio, we should all just be American, stop with the hyphenated names. Treat women as you would your mother, wife or daughter and treat men as you would your father, husband or son. Treat your neighbor and those you meet on the street as you would like to be treated and hope they do the same back.
    AMEN!! Why can't we all just get along! Because when you try you just get run over!
    This is your mind on drugs!