Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billions of Dollars are pouring into the coffers of the U.S.A. because of the Tariffs

Billions of Dollars are pouring into the coffers of the U.S.A. because of the Tariffs

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/trum...-not-much.html

Well if this is his idea of extra billions I say it's not much.
    :
    Tariffs collected in the latest fiscal year ended Sept. 30 rose by less than $7 billion from fiscal 2017, according to the Treasury. That is less than 0.2 percent of the $3.3 trillion the Treasury took in during the latest fiscal year.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

A billion here, a billion there, Fred...Before you know it, you're talking about real money......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

In the end it's the folks that pay for the tariff's whether they be here or elsewhere.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    In the end it's the folks that pay for the tariff's whether they be here or elsewhere.
    Precisely......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The funny thing is how much was China making off of taking our trade secrets and using them for their own business? How much was that costing us in the long run? Why doesn't anybody ask why China still gets to file as a third world Country status with the WTO and get the benefits from that? Of course it is from the "nbc" moniker, so it of course is going to be anti American just to make the current admin look bad.

Next thing you know they will be complaining about the 5 billion we need for the border wall, yet they sat with closed mouth and did not ask how Obama managed to come up with 160 Billion to give to Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post

............yet they sat with closed mouth and did not ask how Obama managed to come up with 160 Billion to give to Iran.
    Amazing that anyone believes trump's lies
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What's amazing that with no research, proof no nothing that Thump is automatically a liar no matter what. Obama with the same no research no nothing he was automatically right and thank god for him. Everybody wants to create their own standards their own beliefs and everybody else will believe me or be an idiot.
    This is your mind on drugs!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

And here is the reason why I find a problem with the "fact checkers" the left uses...the first sentence should be enough to make a person snicker and close the page.

This election season was particularly curious because PolitiFact rated Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as two of the most honest people among the 20 politicians we included in our data scrape (1.8 and 1.6, respectively) while Trump was rated as the most dishonest (3.2).
    Using averages alone, we already start to see some interesting patterns in the data. PolitiFact is much more likely to rate Republicans as their worst of the worst “Pants on Fire” rating, usually only reserved for when they feel a candidate is not only wrong, but aggressively and maliciously lying.
    All by himself, Trump has almost half of all the “Pants on Fire” ratings from the articles we scraped. Even outside of Trump, PolitiFact seems to assign this rating particularly unevenly. During the 2012 election season, PolitiFact assigned Mitt Romney 19 “Pants on Fire” ratings. For comparison, for every single Democrat combined from 2007-2016 the “Pants on Fire” rating was only assigned 25 times.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/16/...conservatives/

What's that got to do with the subject. Diversion. Tx's favorite answer.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    What's amazing that with no research, proof no nothing that Thump is automatically a liar no matter what. Obama with the same no research no nothing he was automatically right and thank god for him. Everybody wants to create their own standards their own beliefs and everybody else will believe me or be an idiot.
    I will, however, respectively point out that you have done exactly what you wrongly accuse me of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    What's that got to do with the subject. Diversion. Tx's favorite answer.
    I merely pointed out that his reference about the "fact checker" leaves a lot to be desired when trying to point to a source with outstanding untruth record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I will, however, respectively point out that you have done exactly what you wrongly accuse me of doing.
    I wasn't pointing you out Dave, even talking about you. I was just ranting on the whole Trump thing. I for one know you usually have a link or info to back up what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    And here is the reason why I find a problem with the "fact checkers" the left uses...the first sentence should be enough to make a person snicker and close the page.
    ================================================== ================================================== ================
    This election season was particularly curious because PolitiFact rated Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as two of the most honest people among the 20 politicians we included in our data scrape
    ================================================== ================================================== ================
    WOW! I thought the Federalist was a right wing nut house? Nut house would be right. Who with an iota of sence could say that with a straight face. I'm more inclined to think she had Vince killed then to think her being honest.