Thread: Another Sad Message

Another Sad Message

I just learned that our friend "Wannabe" has passed on to the other side. He last posted here on 11/19/18, the same day he passed away.

Bob was one of the good guys and will be missed. RIP

OBIT
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Damn...That is sad...He was definitely one of the good guys...I'll miss his contributions...

I know the administrator of a WWII Facebook group where he contributed...I'll pass along the news to him...

I hope the tradition of marking the absence of our fallen members with a tribute on their avatars continues......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

damn
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Sorry to hear that, he was a damn good guy.

Another problem with getting old, your friends are too. RIP Bob!
    This is your mind on drugs!

RIP Bob
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Rip Bob.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Bob was one that actually thought about positions different than his and respected them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm sorry for his loved ones

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr