Thread: Climate Change or Man

Climate Change or Man

I didn't mention both above on purpose.
    With all the fires we've had there has been all kinds of questions of where to put the blame. Through some of Tri-guys posts we have seen the reason the burns have been so devastating. In articles in the paper more of the same. Now I see one of the sites I read has a picture of burned out homes with the caption of climate change.https://www.npr.org/sections/news/
    According to the government's most comprehensive ***essment to date, climate change has already damaged American infrastructure and cost both money and lives.
    =================
    It seems like there is never an answer to anything the government does but it's full circle, nobody else will take the the blame deserved either. A lot of people are dead, a lot of things need to be done will any of it ever get done since it's not my fault.
    This is your mind on drugs!

The government report released late yesterday is said to be fully behind the science of climate change and also holds out belief that man both can and needs to effect changes to reduce these trends.

One of the questions I have had to ask myself is: "what would cause scientists, as a m*** group, to embrace a purely fabricated cause with no science to support it?" For the life of me I can't come up with a reasonable answer to that simple question.

Like most complex issues there is no single cause, and that applies to the fires in CA, but we need to identify each one and then formulate an effective plan to deal with them.

I mentioned in another thread that I (along with others) tried to include environmental regulations into NAFTA when it was signed. We lost.

The regulations in the US and Canada were almost identical (Canada fashioned their's after the US) but Mexico had nothing. The suggestion was that Mexico would be required to progressively adapt (and enforce) environmental regulations as their economy benefited from NAFTA. I believe that concept still has value today---far more so than cash payments to a bunch of crooked potentates.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Why does nobody ever mention China when it comes to the complete abuse of our environment
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Why does nobody ever mention China when it comes to the complete abuse of our environment
    Probably because there is nothing we can do about it except to give up a lot of money or possibly start a war.

So we just take all of our Environmental problems and blame them on the president. Sounds about par these days
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

So we just take all of our Environmental problems and blame them on the president. Sounds about par these days
    Where the hell did that come from? The only one that said the word President was you, Trump was never even hinted at. That's why there's no discussion around here, people can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Where the hell did that come from? The only one that said the word President was you, Trump was never even hinted at. That's why there's no discussion around here, people can't read.
    I can read plenty well, and I can read into things pretty tell also.

I can read plenty well, and I can read into things pretty tell also.
    Tom, I agree with Mike that no one in this thread has blamed President Trump for anything...The way I read the OP, it seems the thread is about preventing future disasters, not pointing fingers......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Tom, I agree with Mike that no one in this thread has blamed President Trump for anything...The way I read the OP, it seems the thread is about preventing future disasters, not pointing fingers......Ben
    Well ok since I have to apparently have to explain myself. My first comment was directed to an issue that I think is many times more urgent to our climate than what we are doing in the US. My second comment was a follow up to my first comment and was meant to show my take on how climate change is handled here. A report comes out blame the Pres. An ice berg melts, blame the Pres. Hurricanes are strong blame the Pres. That's all just making an observation on the state of "climate change" here in the US.

I'll agree and add India to your list.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Still don't understand this despite reading the explanation.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I am perplexed that it is not clear why I said what I said. The initial post was about a report that the President released a few days ago. The whole issue has been strongly politicized in the main media. My post had nothing to do with the initial post except that it was my reaction to how our country is primarily dealing with "climate change". So school is out now can I go home.