Thread: Why would anybody want to do this?

Why would anybody want to do this?

I understand a "calling" but to do this is insanity. Why?
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/asia/...ntl/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What a dumbass!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

To do what no man has ever done I guess. I don't think you are supposed to tempt God either.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    To do what no man has ever done I guess. I don't think you are supposed to tempt God either.
    Whose god? Lots of them floating around the world. Who has the biggest one?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Best not to tempt any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Best not to tempt any of them.
    It's for sure he PO'ed one of them......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

To the people that are called there is no question to ask. I've traveled all over Europe on missionary trips building churches and or fixing missionary homes., you go where the work is. Christ will not come again until his word has been spread to every corner of the world. I would love going to that island, however, knowing that some people are tired of getting told to forget what they know and believe what I know.... The hierarchy would know if it was a hostile environment or not, I wouldn't go into it myself after finding out it was hostile but I'm not that convinced that God would take care of me, some people are.
    This is your mind on drugs!

"The Sentinelese have shown again and again that they want to be left alone, and their wishes should be respected," the group said. "The British colonial occupation of the Andaman Islands decimated the tribes living there, wiping out thousands of tribespeople, and only a fraction of the original population now survive. So the Sentinelese fear of outsiders is very understandable."
    He must have been absent the day they talked about that part.

from the "Holy Grail"

https://youtu.be/3SwNXQMoNps
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

He came back the first day with arrow wounds and then went back, guess he didn't get the hint.