Thread: Get out the vote

Get out the vote

I no longer trust the voting system. Time to send a notice to the Election Assistance Commission and demand that ALL voting machines are the same. Additionally, all machines should print out a record that you can take. Just like a cash register receipt . That should not be that difficult to do. Mobile voting stations will go around towns and cities starting one week before election day for those who wish to vote early. Five or six machines in a semi type rig will do the trick the number of rigs depends on the size of the city/town and after early voting the machines would be used in regular polling places. Paper ballots from overseas must be collected one week prior to election day and flown by Military Air to the U.S. for distribution by certified carrier.
    There; I have fixed the voting problem and eliminated the problem of those people who cannot manage to get to a polling station. The receipt will allow all voters to have faith that their vote went to the person they voted for. No more questions about rigid machines.

The receipt means nothing. The system can still be rigged and print out a receipt showing whatever the "master of the machine" wants it to show.

Personally, I doubt there is any fail-safe system for voting anymore. You cast your vote and take your chances. Slim to none, I think.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I was reading IV's post, specifically; Additionally, all machines should print out a record that you can take. Just like a cash register receipt and thought, WOW! that sounds like a great idea! Then I read Mike's post and got shot down, yep, the receipt would prove nothing.
    This is your mind on drugs!

I thought we had a thread somewhere in which the voting machines were unfavorably compared with the lottery machines, but I can't seem to find it...But if such a thing is true, why do we have our best technology invested in gambling and not the elections?...The same people operate both systems......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

why do we have our best technology invested in gambling and not the elections?...The same people operate both systems......Ben I think you answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I think you answered your own question.
    It was autorhetorical anyway, Mike......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Graft and Corruption just doesn't seem to pay all of the bills anymore, whiny back stabbing politicians gotta do what they gotta do! Autorhetorical

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Autorhetorical
    Au-to-rhe-to-ri-cal (adj.) [/ˈôdō/-/rəˈtôrək(ə)l/] Describes speech only heard by the speaker as he is generally ignored by others...Via Latin from Greek rhētorikosbore (he who drones on when nobody is listening)......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Au-to-rhe-to-ri-cal (adj.) [/ˈôdō/-/rəˈtôrək(ə)l/] Describes speech only heard by the speaker as he is generally ignored by others...Via Latin from Greek rhētorikosbore (he who drones on when nobody is listening)......Ben