Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even Fox has limits

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    What in the world makes you so smug as to think you are the depository of all that is right and wrong in the world James.

Apparently you think those of us on the coasts have no experience with Latinos and we have some burnished image of purity and righteousness.

How many MS-13 gangs do you have in your little corner of Texas James? As I recall, when Trump wanted to make an issue of MS-13 he didn't go to Texas he came to Long Island to sow his particular form of hatred and fear. Do you think that they exist here in a little vacuum----and only rain their terror on each other?

I am not dismissing MS-13----but I am also not dismissing all the other Latinos that do not fit into that crowd----and they far outnumber the thugs.

The point is---pull your head out-----you are not the only one that ever met an illegal so stop acting like you have a lock on the market---I don't want to shock you but you are not one bit smarter than any of the rest of us.
    Guess I could ask you the same thing Dave. You seem to think your left wing papers are know all and see all. The rest of your accusations are laughable.

THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE MS-13 GANGS IS BECAUSE YOU LET THEM IN!!! Now think about what you and the left are saying, these folks are just fine and dandy, and then look at what Trump and the rest of us on the right are saying....WE DO NOT WANT TO LET THEM IN!!!

Think about that simple fact for just a few minutes, you are advocating to letting people in, yet you are bitching about the MS-13 members that he wants to throw out. Quot letting them in, quit advocating the Dems who are letting them in. Don't like Trump, at the very least sit down and be quiet about him keeping them out of your section of the Country.

I have worked with so many good illegals that I lost count. You know how they get here, in a small group. They sneak in, travel at night and do not break down gates with rocks, sticks and metal bars. They are meek in their ways and work their asses off and rarely complain and do not abuse or use our welfare system. You bash me, say or at the very least think I am a dumbass and you know it all, well we both know a little....and I am the one wanting our laws enforced.

ANd this should help you understand why you should support Texas in halting the influx, as the article states, the ones coming through here are heading to your area, the east coast.
    In the assessment, MS-13 is among other "Tier 1" gangs such as Tango Blast, Latin Kings and the Texas Mexican Mafia. They pose the most significant threat in Texas because of their relationship with Mexican drug cartels, transnational criminal activity, a statewide presence and a "high propensity for violence," according to the assessment.

The assessment, published in 2017, singles out MS-13 as the most encountered gang illegally crossing the Texas-Mexico border in the Rio Grande Valley. Harris County had the highest reported membership for the gang in 2017, though statewide membership dropped to about 500.

The gang formed in Los Angeles in the 1980s as a way for Salvadoran immigrants to protect themselves from other street gangs, according to Texas DPS. They use Texas as a "transitional zone" for members passing through to the east coast, according to the agency.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...r-13203117.php

Dave I know you've been ill and I wish you the well but you're crossing the line almost talkin to Texas your dereliction and downgrading demeanor towards him is against Forum standards.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Think about that simple fact for just a few minutes, you are advocating to letting people in
    Find one---just one where I have advocated open borders-----you live in your own fantasy land.

Your entire world is either white or black. Anyone who does not fully advocate for your exact brand of extremeness is then converted to the exact opposite on the other side---there are only two possible positions in your world. That is beyond ridiculous.

That entire line of people is not composed of killers and thugs and like it or not (or realize it or not) we need good people coming into this country to maintain our economy. As an example----tell us about the impact of limited work visas this year has had on the crab industry in the Chesapeake Bay. The fact is you can't because your inputs are limited to what agrees with your extreme biases---and the moment they fail to "protect" you they are rejected----exactly as you have done in this thread.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sorry but that is not true. I have already admitted to working with many illegals during my life, in construction as well as the oilfield. Growing up in school we had many students that had some special classes, they were called migrants as their families worked in the ranching and farm industry. Always got along with them and all of them were just regular kids. The difference here is these people in the caravan are pushing their way into the USA, demanding to be given a path to get here and telling us they will not be stopped. That is arrogance and a slap in the face to all Americans, when we offer to help someone they are usually in dire need and do not demand things and special treatment. I guess Puerto Rico changed all that, but normally you ASK for a favor, not demand and TELL people what they are going to do or else.

We can have good people coming into America, you come in through the legal channels, you fill out the paperwork and you wait your turn. We need to have Americans working and when there are no more Americans to fill the work force then we can start looking at hiring from elsewhere.

Trump did not write the policy, he did not write any of the laws that make it hard for those people to get here, and he was even willing to double down on the DACA people who were to be eligible to become citizens, but guess who voted it down? You point fingers and blame because you hate the man, but this is not his fault, he has sworn to uphold the laws of the USA, and this immigration law is a law is it not? You do not get to pick and choose, you either respect and believe in our laws and want them enforced or you don't. Want changes, write a letter to those Congress people you are always bragging about talking to and chew them out and tell them to get off of their asses and do something!

Trying to use me as your scapegoat because of your hatred for Trump is both petty and misguided. I am not the enemy, I have a different opinion but that makes me neither stupid or walking around with my head in my ass, as you so think. I have my opinion, just like everyone else and I produced links as to why I have this opinion, that should at the very least be respected.

As always, you fail to answer any question put to you that challenges your position----so once again----show me where I have advocated open borders---just one will do.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There is only one choice here, and you hate the guy and constantly attack and berate him. That is close enough for govt work. Actually since you are the thread starter, it seems like you think that the video is racist, when all it does is point out the facts. Strike two. I rest my case.