Thread: Well these numbers don't ie

Well these numbers don't ie

It seems like fudging numbers has always been a DC game that is always played. The Obama era unemployment numbers were faked as to the criteria used to come to the conclusion of the unemployment number, never counting the total of unemployed across the Country and instead using a figure generated by how long a person had been out of work before that person was left off of the total. The total number of unemployed numbers were sky high but since a certain amount of time had passed since they worked they were left off the list.

Today a record number of people who are employed was set 156,562,000. Never before has that many Americans been working at the same time, think about that.

The number of employed Americans has never been higher. The 156,562,000 Americans employed in October is the twefth record set under President Donald Trump.

In October, the number of employed men age 20 and up -- 80,405,000 -- set the 12th record since Trump took office; and likewise, for the 12th time, the number of employed women age 20 and up set a record, reaching 70,909,000 in October.

The unemployment rate held at 3.7 percent, the same as September, which is the lowest it's been in decades -- since the end of 1969. And the Hispanic unemployment rate, 4.4 percent, has never been lower.

The unemployment rate for African-Americans, 6.2 percent, remained near the all-time low of 5.9 percent set in May.

On top of those numbers, the economy added a whopping 250,000 jobs last month. After revisions, job gains have averaged 218,000 over the past 3 months.

("Wow!" Trump tweeted on Friday morning. "The U.S. added 250,000 Jobs in October - and this was despite the hurricanes. Unemployment at 3.7%. Wages UP! These are incredible numbers. Keep it going, Vote Republican!")

The number of Americans not in the labor force dipped to 95.8 million, down from last month's record high; and the labor force participation rate increased two-tenths of a point to 62.9 percent, a move in the right direction.

In October, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 5 cents to $27.30. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 83 cents, or 3.1 percent.
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...me-under-trump
    Now you can say any of the talking points the Dems have thrown out, call Trump an asshole or whatever word you care to gin up, but the Country is rocking and rolling from his policy changes. I guess the Dems, who have absolutely nothing to run on other that what new name they can think up for Trump this week, need to keep the focus off of what is really happening. That is why the MSM keep coming up with new garbage and more drama because if all of America was to ever know what was really happening, there would never elect another liberal Dem in this generation.

Like I said in the other thread; I like a lot of what Trump is doing but I wouldn't have him over for dinner.
    This is your mind on drugs!

I do not understand all the animosity, Trump is doing exactly what he campaigned on and told the voters he would do. When was the last time some jerk politician did exactly what they promised they would do. Not only that, he is doing it for free, all of his checks he donates back to govt agencies that need some extra funds.

Sure he is not the normal politician, he attacks those who attack him, he does not play the politic game, where they can say one thing and then do another, then get their revenge back by backstabbing their opponent on some other bill.Maybe it is just me but I would rather have some ball busting SOB come out and say what is on their mind and not beat around the bush than lie to my face.

I don't like him, he's a one-way backstabbing narcissist. I can't spell the other words anymore. I didn't like him before he ran for president. And as far as doing the job for free he is probably making more net pay at the end of the year using it as a tax deduction. He made his money using other peoples money and filed bankruptcy three? times while doing it. Lots of things I don't like, have you seen his hair!!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Cns is far right wing reporting arm. Should fell great for you Tx.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Well I bet he does not lose one min utes sleep over all of the people who do not like him, I dont over those who dont like me. It is not a popularity contest, it is a job, or at least it is supposed to be. Now the last clown in that position thought it was and we can see how crappy our system was and still is, in many instances. If he had done something that was illegal it would have been brought out by now, every Tom Dick and Harry with a search engine on their computer has looked, they found nothing so they made up lies.

Fred, if you dispute those numbers feel free to post the real ones, I do not mind admitting when I am wrong. Problem is that does not happen often

Include me if making a list of those who don't like Trump. He's just never fit into my political needs or wants. I'm not obsessive about it, but he's not the kind of person I want to see in the presidency. This is probably one of the few posts I'll even make about the guy - I just don't think (or care) about him much.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    ................ I do not mind admitting when I am wrong. Problem is that does not happen often
    No you just change the subject.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

If any numbers have their origin with Trump or his drooling cadre----they are likely false:

More Trump trash.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    If any numbers have their origin with Trump or his drooling cadre----they are likely false:
    I agree, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

the methodology for unemployment numbers by the BLS remains the same and is the only way it can be weighed and compared from one period to another. It seems every time someone is motivated to manipulate the results they trot out this BS

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Then kindly explain how the workforce is now getting better wages due to the shortage of qualified applicants. I have always said that numbers and figures could be massaged into anything you want them to say, but the fact remains that there are not enough workers to fill the jobs, not the grocery sacking or burger flipping ones, but warehouse jobs and manufacturing jobs, which pay more and come with benefits.

That was the difference between the job numbers the Obama admin put out, the jobs were all lower level entry positions, where these jobs are the ones requiring higher skills and more knowledge which garner higher pay. See how easy that is, they make it look good with stats, but they never tell you what the stats represent.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Then kindly explain how the workforce is now getting better wages due to the shortage of qualified applicants. I have always said that numbers and figures could be massaged into anything you want them to say, but the fact remains that there are not enough workers to fill the jobs, not the grocery sacking or burger flipping ones, but warehouse jobs and manufacturing jobs, which pay more and come with benefits.

That was the difference between the job numbers the Obama admin put out, the jobs were all lower level entry positions, where these jobs are the ones requiring higher skills and more knowledge which garner higher pay. See how easy that is, they make it look good with stats, but they never tell you what the stats represent.
    Just a friendly word of advice----don't try a career change and go into economics

I'm not going to waste my time arguing the points with you---but your premise would be great fodder for an economics version of SNL.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis