Thread: Interesting new comer

Interesting new comer

PA, infested by years of gerrymandering-----and growing efforts to change the State Constitution (we are still trying), was taken over this year by the SSC who refused despicable redraws of the voting district maps.

One of the changes in the redrawn borders is that I am now in a new district---and two previously unknown to me candidates.

Doing due diligence on the two candidates I find that I have one that makes me go and one that makes me go

Meet Dan David

And---his opponent who is said to be heavily financed by---drum roll please---Chinese

I'm not sure of the Chinese connection but she leaves me uninspired
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    There's no vote here in CA that inspires anyone. We do have a school board member my Squaw likes in our district, so maybe inspired to go vote.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Ole Dan is coming in a loner I see. I wonder if he got anything done in Congress on the US-China collusion thing?

In the fall of 2017,[2] David and his work as a whistle-blower were featured in the documentary film The China Hustle, which depicts how real-life U.S.-China collusion took advantage of lax Chinese laws in order to sell bad investments to U.S. retirees ~~David, who works in an industrial park in Skippack, PA,[6] is the CIO of F.G. Alpha Management, a short-bias hedge fund, and co-founder of GeoInvesting.[1] He has been credited with uncovering fraud in US-listed Chinese companies.[7] David later lobbied Congress to change federal laws regarding the listing of China-based firms on U.S. stock exchanges
    Last edited by mgrist; 10-19-2018 at 05:34 AM.
    This is your mind on drugs!