Thread: Happy Birthday Dave

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace

Happy Birthday Dave

Happy Birthday Dave and I hope you have a Free Day which is a day free of stress, strife, pain, worry, etc. I hope everything goes your way today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Happy Birthday Dave and I hope you have a Free Day which is a day free of stress, strife, pain, worry, etc. I hope everything goes your way today.
    Thanks Bob
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah happy birthday Dave...Live each day to it's fullest.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Another trip around the Sun. It's a rocky road but I hope that the coming year will be much easier on you. Reduce the work load and increase family time.

Happy B-day, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Happy Birthday, Dave!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Happy Bday Dave.

Thanks everyone----I'm worn out!

The good news is that today I started to transition from the walker to a cane
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Cheers!

Glad you are up and about sort of. Cane beats a walker any day. Happy Birthday.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Thanks to all

As an update---I went back to see the surgeon last Wednesday and he debrided the open portion of the wound (which is pretty extensive). That induced both significant pain and bleeding. He had me come back on Thursday and did a little more scraping but also noticed a bacterial invasion on the open wound. He was not concerned from the standpoint of infection but said it would retard healing---so now I get my leg re-wrapped three times a day with medical vinegar compresses----and no it doesn't feel good!

I think they are trying to pickle me

The good news is that I continue to gain strength and extend my range of independence.

Independence!
    That's a good way to measure the progress. Keep on keeping on Dave!
    This is your mind on drugs!