Thread: Impressive

Impressive

Stood far above many of her fellow senators on both side of the aisle.

Compare the reasoned thoughts of her statement and then compare them to the shameful political belly crawl performance by Lindsey Graham as he graveled for future votes earlier this week.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    I finished watching her speech a few minutes ago. Excellent indeed. I recommend that everyone watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Stood far above many of her fellow senators on both side of the aisle.

Compare the reasoned thoughts of her statement and then compare them to the shameful political belly crawl performance by Lindsey Graham as he graveled for future votes earlier this week.
    When your opponents in the trenches and in the gutters you have to crawl on your belly to be able to compete. Find it quite disingenuous that a lifelong Republican as you describe yourself could call what Senator Graham did as a shameful political belly crawl after listening to the shameful irrational dishonest takedown of a wonderful American jurist with a perfect record of 12 Years circuit service on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals and over 300 opinions and not one count them not one black mark on his judicial record. You want to talk about Shameless Shameless is how he was treated. Lindsey Graham did a great job and I am proud of what he did and I wish that I lived in his State I would vote for him twice
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    . Lindsey Graham did a great job and I am proud of what he did and I wish that I lived in his State I would vote for him twice
    I live in his state and he will get my vote at what ever he runs for. He was the first one to stand up and say what needed to be said. The first one with any courage, how what he did could have had some kind of negative political is
    BS
    This is your mind on drugs!

Well I still blame her for the last vote on ObamaCare getting passed. Complaining about Graham making a stand after the mockery of what the Senate Dems had done throughout the whole confirmation process is cheap and petty. Graham kicked open the door and got the attention focused on the problem and not the circus. Collins coming along a few days later and giving a rehearsed speech and she gets the golf clap? What Lyndsey did was from the heart, it was not practiced in front of the mirror or given time to review the wording by a group of aides, he gave the raw unadulterated version back to the Dems who were making a mockery of this process.

I am no fan of Lyndsey Graham by any means and most times I have problems with listening to him, especially about the Russia BS, but this particular instance he said what everybody was thinking, said it in plain english, and said it with a raw emotion to where there was no mistaking that the real "Spartacus" had appeared. My hat is off to him, and to a certain point to Collins as well, but let me remind everyone that thinks just being the one who speaks eloquently is the better option, Obama could spin a yarn that drew applause, but in the end was a bigger lying son of a bitch that all of the other people combined. Giving a good speech and speaking good are way different.