Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
This has been bugging me and I thought I would ask a question, since we the men, who had nothing to do with any of this and were probably not with 1000 miles of where you lived, are being blamed for this. Excuse me, all men are being blamed for this animal attacking your sister. What did you do about it? What did anybody in your family or close friends do about it? If you and they did absolutely nothing at all, why is it somehow our fault, just because we are males?

I am sorry that happened to your sister, or any woman for that matter and I am a firm believer in vigilante justice if nothing else is done by law enforcement. Any man, especially the father of a teenage daughter, who would try to rape their own child is one sick son of a bitch. He deserves to either get the baseball bat treatment to the bones of the legs and arms, basically crippling them, or my favorite, nailing their pecker to a wooden picnic table and setting the table on fire, leaving nothing but a butter knife on the table as a means for escape. They can cut it off themselves or burn to death makes no difference to me.

Now that I have tried to express how horrible I feel the person should die, I also hope you realize how serious I take accusations of this type. Having a person wrongfully accuse another of some atrocious sexual act rates right up there at the top of my list of no-nos. A teenager trying to get to second base and being turned down is not in that category. If it went any further than that, then yes. Report it to the authorities, a friend, teacher, priest, or someone that could provide protection for the child as punish the culprit. Not saying a word is not something that is going to make the story believable, sorry. I also realize that at those times the stress level and being scared to death also comes into play, but at some point something needs to be done and it starts with telling the story.

The culture that repeatedly downplays the effects on a woman being sexually assaulted. Our culture says what did the girl do to cause what happened, how did she dress, why did she drink, why didn't she report. I recently read an article by woman who tells of a man groping her on the street while telling her he was going to rape her. Her reaction was embarrassment, looking to see if anyone saw her get her breast grabbed at the bus stop. All she could think was, go to work, act normal. She felt ashamed of crying in the restroom at work.

At 15, at a party any young girl would feel they couldn't tell their parents, because the question would have been, "how could you be so stupid, to put yourself in that situation??" Parents fear the possibility of their daughter being asked in court, what signals she sent, has she ever made out with a boy, was she known for being loose. Our entire social system says girls are a distraction to boys, school dress codes reflect it.

When I write about sexual assault, why do you feel defensive if you don't see the culture that exists?