Thread: I think I might be going crazy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think I might be going crazy

I have seen so many people switching over to camping in hammocks while backpacking instead of tents that I decided to give it a shot.

Just like anything else. No matter how simple it looks it will be a pain in the ass to do it the first time. Set up my camping hammock and rain fly for the first time together in the back yard. It took way too long to get it mostly correct. I figure it will take five or six more attempts to dial it in. Tonight I will try and sleep in it.

I will either like it or be a total arthritic cripple in the morning

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That looks like a neat setup and would probably work in California here though you would be killed by the mosquitoes and 97% humidity so you probably wouldn't get a great night sleep.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    That looks like a neat setup and would probably work in California here though you would be killed by the mosquitoes and 97% humidity so you probably wouldn't get a great night sleep.
    I see you failed to notice that the hammock top is contained in a mosquito net and the bottom and sides is lined with an air mattress
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Make sure that your head is slightly lower than your feet. If you don't, you will slide to a ball in the hammock. I use one all theme and sleep like a log. There are many sites on U Tube with helpful tips on hammock set up.

well that was miserable. the hammock is just too narrow to allow me to sleep . You should be able to be asymmetric so that you can sleep flatter, not in this one. i had the sag angles at 30* but it was just uncomfortable no matter how I adjusted it. about 1am I said eff it. Hammock was free so no loss there. I have a nice Double on order so I will give that one a try next.

Not for me... I sleep on my side and a hammock is a torture device to me.