Thread: Do you hate trailer houses?...

Do you hate trailer houses?...

I know those who live in them prefer the term "mobile home"...And I'm sure that some of the finest citizens who ever walked were born in, and continue to live in them...But the negative connotations are still there, and in the eyes of some the only good things about tornadoes may be the thought that land values may improve with the destruction of any trailer houses in the path...

Well, strictly for those "Negative Nellies," an enterprising company in Minnesota now offers you a chance to take out your frustrations against the disadvantaged among us who cannot afford to live like a Trump or a Kennedy...For a nominal fee, you can drive a WWII tank right through the mobile home where you might have expected Bill Clinton to be drinking beer in his undershirt before he got elected Governor of Arkansas...

Or if you prefer, you can drive a 60 ton main battle tank over the welfare Cadillac that Nancy Pelosi might have driven before her election to Congress...It's even OK to imagine her sitting behind the steering wheel trading her food stamps to illegal alien Kevin de Leon in exchange for his future vote prior to his joining the California government...

Choose from a wide inventory, and book your test drive today......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That would be fun either way.

Sorry Ben, anyone who has spent time in that area of the country knows, those of Clinton's status live in double wides and the most uppity have real curtains not old sheets over the windows.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Sorry Ben, anyone who has spent time in that area of the country knows, those of Clinton's status live in double wides and the most uppity have real curtains not old sheets over the windows.
    You're right of course, my Mom was born there, and said she never wore a store-bought dress until she was in high school...Those high-falootin' Clinton types probably didn't even make their soap......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Just different priorities, no right no wrong
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I was living in a trailer when I got it by a tornado, it picked one end up at least 16' and dropped it on my pump house. The other end of the trailer was connected to an addition I'd built and it and the addition I had built were fine except everything was sitting on the ground. Since I didn't have the best insurance I decided to tear down the rest myself, bad idea. That thing from siding to sheetrock was glued, screwed nailed and lag bolted. I like to never have got that thing down the rest of the way, it was built to stay there The two brick houses behind me took a lot more damage though all were totaled. I was going to build back but I didn't have the time to work and build a house so I bought a Modular, nice house, well built etc...
    This is your mind on drugs!

Think I would rather drive a train. http://nnry.com/pages/engineer.php
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I swear, if I see a tornado story on the news, wrecked mobile homes are shown as part of it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I swear, if I see a tornado story on the news, wrecked mobile homes are shown as part of it.

Hunter
    So are regular homes, there just isn't that much emphasis put on them it seems.
    This is your mind on drugs!