Thread: Sighting in my broadheads

Sighting in my broadheads

In one of those weird quirks, even though my field points and broadheads both weigh the same (100 grain) they fly differently. The broad heads fly high and to the right. Compensating for the flying high is easy. the 20yard pin becomes a 10, the 30 a 20 and so on. Moving the arrow rest is more time consuming as you have to shift in left in micro increments until you can reach a consistent pattern and a close range then you move further out to see if the spread changes. first I score my field pint alighnment then once I get it dialed with broad heads I score the sight on the opposite face to enable me to easily flip back and forth

this is at 30 yards with the broadheads

https://youtu.be/uMG0TrbRx6o
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I can live with this...naw

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I can live with this...naw

At what range?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

30 yards

Not bad....keep practicing.

Whatcha gonna shoot?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Turkey and boar

What, no Bambis?

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Turkey and boar
    Shoot a boar with one of those you better have you a nice 45 backup
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.