Thread: Old Dodge runs like a bat outta hell

Old Dodge runs like a bat outta hell

My work truck,2012 Ram 2500 4x4 with a cummins in it got a major upgrade. It has 278,000 on it and has already had one Exhaust filter replaced around 100K miles. Well the second one decided to take a dump and we decided to go with a Cat delete and a programmer for about a third of the cost.

The thing has a switch with 5 different settings, with the 1 setting being stock and 2 being for trailer towing. When I picked it up it was set on 3 and the thing is almost scary. Much throatier roar coming out of the tailpipe and it only smokes when it gets romped on to pass but just a quick puff and it is gone. It will set you back in the seat, thats for sure. I put it on 5 just one time for about 75 miles and the thing was more than I wanted to deal with. Not so much that I couldn't handle it, but the drive train is stock and I did not want to twist the u-joints off of it.

Fully loaded and with a full front end replacement bumper from a ranch hand replica, it used to get a combined total of around 15 mpg. I am getting 19 now running an average of 75 down the highway and bouncing down oilfield roads. Let's just say I like the hell out of it and after the new excitement of putting my foot into it more than I should, I expect to see 20 mpg at least. I had been filling up about once a day and now I can see getting a day and a half out of a tank.

Congrats...

My ole 2007 Dodge just turned 230,000

No need for a new one
    07HEMI4ME

A Friend Will Help You Move, But a Real Good Friend Will Help You Move a Body... He will not ask why you are digging the hole or what is in the bag.

My old Ford naturally aspirated non Turbo is at 237,000, I got it with 174,000 on it and it has now been totaled twice. My daughter totaled it four days after I got it seven? years ago then I tee boned a guy that ran a stop sign and his insurance company totaled it and offered me 2500.00 for it and in the same sentence asked me if I'd got hurt, I said hell yea!!! I'm going to be hurt real bad if you don't give me 5000.00 for it and allow me to keep it. They relented after another one or two conversations and called me up the next week and told me to come get my check. I've fixed it back up and for now it's great, just put a 2000 mile round trip on it. It's a 94 XL and a little rough around the edges but it's probably the only diesel I'll ever be able to afford, I love it!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Heck we are going back to gas 1/2 tons for the next go round. Diesel being about 50-75 cents more per gallon and the mileage even less than gas powered, plus the DEF needed and the particulate filters clogging up, it is not worth it.