Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A favor to ask...

A favor to ask...

Could anyone on Facebook take a look at this group and verify you are able to read the posts there?...I know it can be found by Facebook people, but I'm not sure all the posts can be seen...

I am not the Admin, just a stranger passing through trying to help...Thanks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I am not really a Facebook person---but yes, I can see the posts---although it seems they have some guy named Ben Young that has diarrhea of the keyboard

J/K Ben
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It says I have to log in. No can do. Not a member.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

OK, thanks...That's what it's supposed to do...

Dave, I agree that guy Ben Young should just STFU...Nobody can get a word in edgewise for that motormouth......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

yeah I can see the posts
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Yup. Veryvisable.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    That's neat Ben. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    That's neat Ben. Thanks.
    It's not my site, Bob, I just contribute there...It was a question of whether it was even visible...Glad to know it is...

It's the only window I have open to Facebook, which to me is otherwise a yawning bore...This group is the only dedicated site I've seen to the US Navy small coastal transports, and has been a good source of information for my research......Ben

Yes Ben I can see it as well, I went over to the discussion section and it looks like you are a major contributor as well. I also sent you a request.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I also sent you a request.
    Request for what?......Ben

Be prepared for the next time your ship is shot out from under you...This handy guide can prevent embarrassing mistakes...
    its set to public so non members of the group can see and share your posts outside of it.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Request for what?......Ben
    assume he pressed the join this group button?

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    its set to public so non members of the group can see and share your posts outside of it.
    Cool...I know little about Facebook except that their constant email notifications are annoying as hell which is why I have all of them shut off......
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    assume he pressed the join this group button?
    If so, the admin will let him participate shortly...You know they allow good-looking girls also......Ben

No a friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    No a friend request.
    I've got all that crap turned off...I wouldn't even know where to find it...A complete waste of resources...

Besides I thought we were already friends......Ben