Thread: ooo that was fun

ooo that was fun

Put an old 5 inch travel triple crown fork that I had laying around onto my my Mt Bike and went out onto a fun rocky descent. I forgot how buttery smooth a Marzocchi Jr T is in the rough stuff. Seriously fun when you have precise steering in the rocks and rutts

https://youtu.be/zrcPHzhBVo0
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I've transitioned back onto the moto... I'm planning a Baja run on the 650 in 2019...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvL33H4riZM
    Last edited by Phillbo; 08-25-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Wow that is something else. Looks like a lot of fun. Question I was asking myself if you were in a worst-case scenario to like fall and bust your ass and maybe get a compound fracture or something how long would it take to get Medics out to you
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Wow that is something else. Looks like a lot of fun. Question I was asking myself if you were in a worst-case scenario to like fall and bust your ass and maybe get a compound fracture or something how long would it take to get Medics out to you
    It depends on where I'm riding. today 15-20 minutes. Up in the Sierras.. 2-4 hours unless they had a Helo with basket lift capability available. Probably the same for Bo. I always carry a mini trauma kit in my backpack just for that reason.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Well didn't want to send you any bad karma for sure but you always seem to find yourself in some mighty fine-looking areas
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Well didn't want to send you any bad karma for sure but you always seem to find yourself in some mighty fine-looking areas
    I try, besides it's fun living on the edge.

Yeah well for me I just live trying not to fall off the edge.

this kind of edge, near the summit of Cathedral Peak in Yosemite

or above Lake Tenaya

I have always been sort of out there

If you want to fly you have to get out of the plane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exit bw.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	36724  

Yeah well for me I just live trying not to fall off the edge.
    I try like hell to not even get close to the edge!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

this is when i go over the edge

regular speed

https://youtu.be/Uhd0SthRdWc

Slo Motion

https://youtu.be/6jJ_bRuLnM4

I started rock climbing in Colorado 45 years ago but moved back to the south and never got back into it. Another one of the regrets my errant youth forced upon me.
    This is your mind on drugs!